Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Choices

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I am gonna ask a question of you tournament guys out there and it's more out of personal curiosity than anything else and I mention that because I don't want anybody (the Millennium Board) thinking I am gathering information for a third party as part of some dastardly conspiracy to undermine them, I don't have to do that because they manage to do a great job of that themselves.

However, I wanna know something and this goes out to every tourney baller out there who has played, or even maybe thought about playing a Millennium event:-

If there was a single event in 2008 that wasn't a Millennium promotion but was able to boast an open tourney, big prize money, Xball type format, a lot of the Yank teams playing and all the razzmatazz generally associated with say the Toulouse of old or even the NPPL's Huntington Beach event, would tourney teams be seriously interested in playing it?
And if so, why?

I realise there are a few loose ends like venue, time of year etc but I am talking in principle here....

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Sh!t, I might come out of retirement for something like that.

Why? Because I'd love to play a tournament that has pulled out all the stops, rather than just being big and going through the motions.

I think most people still lament the lack of follow up of the Malaga event...

Sid_Clan

What's the point!!!
Sep 13, 2005
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
Yes we would, simple.

Why let me think, well, a one off event that means something if you win it, not having to do a whole series and commit to a whole series in order to be crowned champions, getting to once again see US Teams in Europe.

If someone does it and does it right then brilliant, but they have to so it right.

Not going off on one but remember the days when in a Mill Series you would take to the field against Ironmen, Dynasty, Aftershock to name but a few, it's the chance to see these guys play first hand and not on a DVD.

Sid

jim

Jul 31, 2001
Visit site
I not only used to love watching the US teams play, but a few years back you actually got to play against them, thats what i looked forward to.

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
providing it would be cost effective i think most teams would jump at it.

now the yanks aint gonna come over unless its worth thier while or they think they are gonna win some cash.

or unless they have things paid for... in which case that all goes into entry price!

but i think a cash incentive is always a bonus! football teams dont play for new boots or team kit

hell even a REAL sponsorship deal as a prize would be worth summat

but after all which ive said yeah i'd play it.

but alas there will be alot of bad wagon jumping to be with the 'IN' crowd!

Cro

Permanently semi
Jan 2, 2003
Naaaarich
www.walkonzone.com
Without a doubt I'd be there. If it clashed with a date for the series we were playing in, then I'd do whatever possible to field a team in both events.

JUNIOR BROWN

never ending grind
Oct 31, 2002
California
Visit site
Now that would be good Pete…

It would be good for the US teams that want to come over but will never, due to the locked divisions.

XSV would love to play an event in Europe. Rich and I were only saying a few weeks ago that it would be good get the team over for an event so the new kids that have never played in Europe could see what its like.

JB

Syd (NSPL)

NSPL and Pr0to KotH
Aug 30, 2001
Torquay, UK
www.purepaintball.co.uk
Scheduled correctly, yes. Just to see if something could be made of it and to experience an alternative, if nothing else. But teams with season commitments to league rankings would find it hard to justify attending if it clashed or was close to a Millennium event date.

Seems a bit of a hypothetical question though, so the reality of team's actual responses/decisions may vary from answers given here.

Those paintballers/teams that consider themselves serious competitors would have to put series commitments before a stand alone event. At least, that's my feelings anyway.