Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

co2 bottles(can they b filled with air??)

lproctor

Crackshots (captain)
Jun 18, 2006
Devon
ive got a co2 bottle and i have a way of filling it with air is this possible or are u not meant to fill co2 bottles with air and if no y not(and please no1 give me answers saying "cause theyre not designed for air") just wondering so please reply.......?

beanbag83

I'm either drunk or high
Feb 12, 2006
King's Lynn, Norfolk, England
Please, trust me on this. Don't even try it. none of the fixtures on a CO2 tank are designed to take the pressures involved with compressed air. I believe (im sure someone will correct me if im wrong) it has allot to do with co2 being stored in liquid form untill it leaves the tank. Whereas air is always air stored at least 3000PSI. Honestly, what you are talking about is very very dangerous, you could well kill someone if you try this.

KitsuneAndy

Platinum Member
lproctor said:
ive got a co2 bottle and i have a way of filling it with air is this possible or are u not meant to fill co2 bottles with air and if no y not(and please no1 give me answers saying "cause theyre not designed for air") just wondering so please reply.......?
Chances are it'll go off like a bomb. It'll more than likely kill anyone stood next to it.

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
AndyDane said:
Chances are it'll go off like a bomb. It'll more than likely kill anyone stood next to it.
They speak the truth DON'T TRY THIS.
There have been some rare cases of bottles exploding at sites because punters filled C02 from air. You could kill yourself or someone else.
Just buy a cheap air bottle :(.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
co2 bottles are tested to handle the pressures involved with the storage of co2...which is around 800 psi max.
we tend to store compressed air at 3000 or 4500psi. putting this much pressure into a co2 bottle will more than likely result in the destruction of the bottle and injury to anyone stupid enough to try it.

co2 in a co2 bottle

air in an air bottle.

in short NO dont do it, its dangerous, potentially life threatening, probably more stupid than playing with no lens in your goggles