Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Commando 2

The Kid

P8ntball Junkie
Well, I didn't get much info from the newbie board so I decided to come here. Does the shoulder stock on the Commando 2 restrict the tank size that can be put on it? The picture of it shows the stock with a sloped look and it looks that it would block the way for bigger tanks. Just wondering. Also, is the Commando 2 a good gun? Is it easy to maintain? Will it hold up? Thanx for your time.

kartmann187

Kick your arse
Jul 9, 2001
Surrey
Visit site
:confused:

First... What the hell is a Commando 2.....This may make you think that maybe its not a good gun.... If you are just starting then I would suggest getting a second hand Angel (if you have cash) or a Impulse.... or even a Bushmaster.... These markers are well known and tried and trusted and most people have a good knowledge of them so you can get help easy :D

As for the Commado 2 I can give no views as I have never seen or heard of the marker before in my life....

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
okay kid. it's all down to your budget. if you got a couple of g's to burn, go for a top gun, they've proven their quality (like kartman said). however, chances are you are only able to spend a few hundred $. in that case I would recommend anything from the following: the piranha family by PMI, the tippman 98 series, spyder series by kingman, the inferno series, and the sheridan XTS family. all these markers come pretty cheap, but are also available with several upgrades for a relatively low price. also these guns (although they will never shoot as well as say an angel or a tricked out cocker) are very reliable. they require a very small amount of maintenance, and are also very easy to maintain, specifically the piranha and the inferno.

hope this helped.

The Kid

P8ntball Junkie
Okay....a bit more help pls.

Okay, I had been looking at the Pirahna STS 3, Spider TL Plus, Spider Xtra, and possibly the Model 98(friend has one). Anyways, I decided against the STS 3 because of price and now its Down to the TL Plus(even though its almost the same pirce as the STS 3), Spider Xtra, and now the PMI Piranha STS G3 "CORE" . Can you guys help me and tell the good points and bad points to these markers if you know anything about them. Thanx again.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
alrighty. I'll tell you what I know, and I know what I know because I sell them. Tippman 98: rugged marker. leave it in a bucket of mud for a week, and it'll still fire. out of the box it needs a lot of extras to make it a top piece of kit. one drawback, maintenancewise, is when you DO have to take it apart, it's a nightmare. you have to remove a pile ofscrews to get to the internals, and have to put them back in again afterwards. I often hear our technical guy cussin' and fussin' about them when he finds out that after putting a 98 back together again, it's still faulty, cause he has to go through the entire procedure again.

Spyders: pretty good marker, and very popular (all models). pretty easy to maintain, and not very expensive. great for the starting 'baller. however, as good as all markers and manufacturers use the same system for attaching things like a bottom line to the marker (2 screws that go into two holes in the bottom of the trigger frame). for some reason Kingman decided to go against the grain and put these holes diagonally instead of the usual in a row. this does not in any way effect the way the marker performs, but it does mean that you can only use spyder specific add ons, or buy convertors. I personally am very put off by this, but that's just me.

Piranha: again a pretty good marker, and the luxury models come pretty complete for an out of the box gun. maintenancewise these markers are a dream. just push out the pushpin at the rear of the body, and voila, you've got all the workybits in your hand. you can have this baby field stripped and cleaned IN FIVE MINUTES!!!!! absolutely worth the money! the only downside is that sometimes the sear and the hammer tend to wear a bit quickly, but these parts can be replaced in less than five minutes (although you do ofcourse have to buy the replacements). also the marker is very well crafted. just look at the way the power feed is welded to the body. nice......! (not that I'd trade in my Angel ofcourse :p )

all in all, I'd go for the piranha, but that is just a personal opinion. my advice: see if you can play a game with each of the models, and go for the one that you feel most comfortable with. cosmetics do not make a marker work better, but NEVER EVER buy a marker that you do not like the looks of, you will not feel comfy when playing! so, just test them if you can, and decide on YOUR experiences, and not what some person on a forum tells you :D .

hope this helped.

The Kid

P8ntball Junkie
Sorry to continue to bother you....but this is the most help I've got....so here is another question. Is the CORE Sharc Semi-Auto
a good gun? You did mention that looks won't effect the performance and that I realize, but you also said you won't feel comfortable playing, and what caught my eye about this gun was the looks. So I would like to know if it is an okay gun or just a piece of crap that won't hold up.