Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

cutting feed neck

lucifer_hunter

Guy with the Flying Scarf
May 14, 2002
Central London
aite just realized my hopper stickes out like a mofo and is too high. Question is if i cut a bit off the hopper neck will it affect how fast the balls get feeded into the neck? coz thats what high rise and stacks are used for rite? to stack up the balls so if i were to cut it that would mean the balls arent stacked up rite so help?

thanks

kalel

L J

big big titties
unless its a tensioned hopper then yes it will make a difference(Halo)

revvys, eggs etc, arent tensioned and there is a response time from the eyes sensing no ball, to turning the motor, to a ball go into the breach, if you ever see an i framed impy, with a short feed neck, and no vision, u will see it chop pretty quickly with the right person behind the trigger

what hopper do you have?

btw, your name rocks, kalel is the father of superman:cool:

lucifer_hunter

Guy with the Flying Scarf
May 14, 2002
Central London
got an egg II with a Y-board, so im guessing it wont affect the preformance then if i cut the neck a bit eh?

Oh and btw Kalel is Supeman's name isnt it? :D

l8trz

Kalel

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
Yeah, his dad's name is Jorel.

The best way I have found of cutting the neck of an EggII is to
1. get an old barrel and stick the end up in the feed neck
2. attach a copper tubing cutter to the plastic at the point you want to cut it.
3. spin the cutter until the plastic come off in two neat halves.

Be careful to align the cutter straight, so it doesn't cut a spiral around the neck. This may scratch your barrel, so use an old one if possible. You insert the end that goes inside the gun body.

I know lots of people who cut down the necks on EggIIs, one way or another. It still works well enough. Just don't cut off so much that it doesn't sit secure in a feed neck.