Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Cyborg 07

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
There isn't a most suitable hopper as such. What is your price range? Second-hand prices for popular loaders can be seen below:

Egg (Evolution 2) - £25
Halo B - £60
Reloader B - £70
VLocity - £70
Pulse - £75

They all have advantages over each other.

-Will

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
egg - slow and looks gay, crap centre of gravity. epically sh1t battery door that always breaks.

halo - stock board has minimal options, upgrade boards are plentiful and decent. reliant on eyes, which if dirty, is a ball ache to clean. batteries dont last as long as reloader.

vlocity - light and cheap, quite fast but eats far too many batteries for my wallet. if your into rechargeables, give it a whirl.

pulse - heard horrible stories of the feednecks snapping in 2, and with litigation, spare parts may be a hassle to source. reasonably fast, nice to clean, runs on AA's.

reloader b - fast, good upgrades, lots of shell choices. no eyes to fcuk up. great battery efficiency. my pick of the bunch.

reloader b2 - as above but more complicated, but good once you learn it. nice lid, too.

bang for the buck goes to a 2nd hand reloader b. they can be had for as little as £50 - 60 if you are patient.

if buying new, if rock an empire b2 myself...

rich1

Apr 10, 2007
Empire B2

egg - slow and looks gay, crap centre of gravity. epically sh1t battery door that always breaks.

halo - stock board has minimal options, upgrade boards are plentiful and decent. reliant on eyes, which if dirty, is a ball ache to clean. batteries dont last as long as reloader.

vlocity - light and cheap, quite fast but eats far too many batteries for my wallet. if your into rechargeables, give it a whirl.

pulse - heard horrible stories of the feednecks snapping in 2, and with litigation, spare parts may be a hassle to source. reasonably fast, nice to clean, runs on AA's.

reloader b - fast, good upgrades, lots of shell choices. no eyes to fcuk up. great battery efficiency. my pick of the bunch.

reloader b2 - as above but more complicated, but good once you learn it. nice lid, too.

bang for the buck goes to a 2nd hand reloader b. they can be had for as little as £50 - 60 if you are patient.

if buying new, if rock an empire b2 myself...
Fast and Efficient sounds good to me.
Great, thanks for info!

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
no worries ive used them all and i like the empire reloader b the best
just havent stumped up the cash for a b2 yet

im not sponsored for loaders at all so can use what i want, so im totally unbiased.

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
i have to mention vlocity with gangstar chip, it solves the battery problem, and makes it a darn good hopper, ideal for winter too, as it can have little or no force setting.

pulse are good too, if you get a good one, which i am lucky and do have.

reloaders are nice, but a tad hard on paint, halo v35 is a good choice too, again relies on eyes, but still ok.

my fave is my vlocity tho, with the gangstar.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
i have to mention vlocity with gangstar chip, it solves the battery problem, and makes it a darn good hopper, ideal for winter too, as it can have little or no force setting.

pulse are good too, if you get a good one, which i am lucky and do have.

reloaders are nice, but a tad hard on paint, halo v35 is a good choice too, again relies on eyes, but still ok.

my fave is my vlocity tho, with the gangstar.
fair points all round and this gangstar stuff is something i havent experienced. however, i use a reloader all year round and havent had a problem.

ive shot nelson anarchy in freezing conditions in the past and not even had a barrel break. so the reloader cant be damaging the balls at all, for me at least.