Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

D7s 27 June Results

Cool tourney, best marshalling yet.

I really cannot see how people complain about the field design/size!
These are not the easiest fields to play and I think at the end of a day as a team/player you will benefit because of that.

They're fast to play, breakouts need to be good, you have to be the aggressor and it can all go wrong terribly quick:)

Just can't get my head around this "back line stand-up" mentality :D

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
Originally posted by Troggy
Well that just opens up another whole can of worms, should the field design be compromised because of lack of or experience of marshalls?
That works both ways. Should the marshals be compromised by the design of the field ?. At most a team will play a field 3 times. The marshals are on there all day.
At woodland tournaments,a field would have the dog-legs removed from the boundary tapes as they were virtually impossible to marshall.

Regards Ralph

Ralph

BAD TO THE BONE
Originally posted by Troggy
As for the standing up of the X, it is done at every major event why not there? All it would take is to have some guy ropes fixed to one of the netting poles permanantly, then at each leg fix to top of X, pump up X, tighten ropes hey presto - it aint budging. The D7's probably have the best netting supports I have ever seen at a domestic event - make use of the good work done :)
It's nice to be compared to a major tournament :cool: . Dave will be pleased:cool:

Not wishing to state the obvious but the netting poles are there to support the netting. So far at each event the weather has been great, with little or no wind but that area of the thames is prone to it and the netting effectivly becomes a sail which the poles/pegs, keep in place.If other things are attached to it somethings gonna give and as it's daves site he'd probably be the best person to know if it's practicle to have the X standing up.
It is possible to have the X standing up but is it practicable ?

Regards Ralph

PEACHIE

canine defence league
Jun 22, 2003
Visit site
Damn that richmond italia geezer. He should have been more considerate and made it into a half x type thing /\ but that would screw up his marketing plans. Curse him and his capitalist chums!!

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Correction, Dave did think of that, he's probably just waiting for someone else to mention it!:p