Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Delta Force Hard Sell

Roland

Comrade Trogski
Jul 11, 2002
Eccleshall, Staffordshire
Visit site
I was accosted by a lady:D from Delta Force whilst shopping in Telford.

They were trying to sell vouchers which entitled you to eight days entrance fees and half price paint.

The vouchers cost £49.95 and the half price paint was 5p/ball!

Now using my poor maths skills that adds up to 10p/ball normal price:(

Surely no-one is charging that these days!

We used to pay 10p/ball when I first started about 17 years ago, at that time paint was about £100.00/box trade.

She was very persistant even when I told her that I had all of my own kit and mainly played tournaments.

Has anyone else come across Delta Force selling this way?

IanC

Jan 24, 2003
Searching for the pro-tour....:S
Are you sure she was from Delta Force and not just from a promotions agency pushing delta force tickets for a commision?

We had a few run ins with some of these promo outfits when I was still involved with a site. They typically offer the punters an inflated price and cream off the top.

Gets kind of interesting when most punters on the day are paying 5p per ball, and some unlucky sods are paying 7 or 8 per ball!!!:eek:

Laterz

Ian :)

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I've come across Delta force a few times. Their selling technique is basically a con, they offer the world and give you a normal days play, on poor sites, that are designed to use a lot of paint.
I was in my mates shop the other week, and one of their sales people came in and tried to sell a days paintball to me. That was one shop he wished he had never gone into. He said their was a site near Cardiff, which there wasn't, and still isn't. He said it was due to open soon, but still no site has opened. They are well known in the trade, and not very well liked.
The sales people are usually foreign students, with no idea about paintball, to them it's just a way of earning extra cash.
All in all a very dodgy side of paintball, not to be recommended.

edit.

i've now been to the Cardiff site, and it looks and fells just as good as any site i've been to, good equipment and good marshalling.

D6

Jun 21, 2002
Nakatomi Plaza
Originally posted by Superflyuk
yeah they come up 2 me all the time in wycombe and try and sell me shizzle - they do my head in
Just down the road in Maidenhead, a lovely young lady tried to flog me a days 'ballin in the street. I told her I played for a team and she was well-impressed. However, I didn't tell her I'm rubbish at it ;)

CAMPBELL

Killing for the Lucky15's
Aug 28, 2003
NUNEATON
Visit site
there alllways in birmingham a mighty fine lady austrailian comes up tries to flog you a days ball and even if you say no i play in tornaments and have my own kit they say ''so you think your a pro do you??'' ppffffffhhh !!!