The Home Of European Paintball

Dont say you didnt know!!

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
Buddha 3 said:
My opinion is my own? Duh...:rolleyes: ;)
My point was that by using other people's opinions to form one on an event, are you really forming your own opinion or just a *******ised version of other peoples? If I mix sugar and salt together does it become something new or is it still just sugar and salt mixed up? ...maybe not a great analogy

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Munkeh said:
My point was that by using other people's opinions to form one on an event, are you really forming your own opinion or just a *******ised version of other peoples? If I mix sugar and salt together does it become something new or is it still just sugar and salt mixed up? ...maybe not a great analogy
Ah, but I don't take opinions, I use facts and make up my own mind. Unless it can be proven, it's another opinion to me. Which is why I sometimes get raised eyebrows when I have discussions about politics and history with people. I have a tendency to put dents in what many people think to be facts, then I show them what's what.
I understand what you are saying, and it probably applies to many people. I am however one of those sad people that does not see the news on TV as facts, but rather as what one guy is telling us.

By the way, if you mix natrium (Na) and chloride (Cl), you get salt. So yeah, sometimes you do get different things. Natrium and chloride can kill you, salt won't. Well, not as easily anyway. ;)

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
Na - Sodium Cl - Chlorine; you have to mix sodium with hydrocholoric acid to get salt, mixing sodium and chlorine will get you a mixture of sodium and chlorine.
history you win, chemistry I win:D

But anyway we should get back on topic before TFP pull this thread... Oh...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Munkeh said:
Na - Sodium Cl - Chlorine; you have to mix sodium with hydrocholoric acid to get salt, mixing sodium and chlorine will get you a mixture of sodium and chlorine.
history you win, chemistry I win:D

But anyway we should get back on topic before TFP pull this thread... Oh...

Munk, I don't think Bud was talking literally here, he was just illustrating the fact a compound such as salt can exhibit entriely differnt properties from its constituents.

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
Robbo said:
Munk, I don't think Bud was talking literally here, he was just illustrating the fact a compound such as salt can exhibit entriely differnt properties from its constituents.
No I know, was just an informative reply as the Eisenhower comment by Buddha had been earlier... I really need to stop posting now though as work will most likely sack me!

Tricky

Retired Gun Whore
Jun 10, 2005
Past Caring!
www.jerseywarriors.co.uk
The day we should all be worried about is when Jordan,Iran,Syria and Libia stop supplying the palestinians through the back channels and actually decide to have a pop at israel, the way things are going thats not too far away.
That would force the US/UK into a big dilemma, continue the war on terror?! and fight with israel, or leave them to face it alone.
Its long been said that ww3 would come out of the middle east and tbh its starting to ring true.
And to anyone that doesn't think events are interlinked, consider the fact that 80% of roadside bombs used in iraq, to kill allied servicemen/women, are supplied free to al queda, by syria.

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
I think the fact that Israel is the only nuclear armed country in the middle east might stop them from attacking overtly, which is why a funded terrorist group is perfect for them.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Israel afraid to launch a first strike? Are you serious?
Back in the 80's, when everybody still thought that Saddam was a great guy, Iraq was already building nuclear plants, and were lightyears ahead of where Iran is now. Guess what Israel did, realizing that Saddam was just crazy enough to come at them?
That's right, they bombed the crap out of those facilities. You better believe that Mossad is aware of Iran is up to, and they have no qualms about dropping bombs if things get too hot for their liking, something that will not bother the US at all. Unlike when they bombed the Iraqi installations, since Saddam was still the US' big friend in the region.

Lybia is hardly involved in terrorism anymore. Believe it or not, Khaddafi is actively flirting with teh west, and is trying to become the next big thing in Northern Africa. Although they'll never have the status that Egypt will (for obvious reasons....), they are becoming more and more attractive as a holiday spot.
Jordan, Iran and Syria have no chance to overrun Israel. Bigger coalitions have tried in the past, and they all had their asses handed to them. The last thing any neighbour of Israel wants is a regular war with them. Better to keep things on the down low, like Munkeh said.