Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DOT bottles

automag

Jan 14, 2008
I know it sounds silly but could ebay be emailed stating that the bottle up for sale is illegal in the UK and not fit for purpose in the UK? As the guy say's you cant buy it in the UK.... its because paintball sites wont let you use it in the UK as it does not have the correct marking's.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I know it sounds silly but could ebay be emailed stating that the bottle up for sale is illegal in the UK and not fit for purpose in the UK? As the guy say's you cant buy it in the UK.... its because paintball sites wont let you use it in the UK as it does not have the correct marking's.
Already done, but ebay don't give a sh*t.

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
I'm actually quite glad I read this thread..... Theres a Pure Energy up for about £20 on ebay, but i can only see DOT markings on it! No bidding for me today... (probably good for my wallet though!)

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I'm fairly sure my brother has a DOT bottle hanging around that he got tested by HPAC a few years back so he could use it, probably not worth the bother but if you've already got one might be worth giving them a ring.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
I know of testing stations that can test DOT bottles, but will only give the bottle DOT certification. At that time a DOT bottle could not be tested to PI certification, and i've not heard anything different.

Reactions: Canon Fodder

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
it is entirely possible I imagined it Tom but I could have sworn it had a sticker on saying it was HSE AL FW2 . It's about time all this nonsense was stopped really since the DOT test is as good a test of structural integrity as the PI one, didn't the difference come about because of some kind of falling out?

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
it is entirely possible I imagined it Tom but I could have sworn it had a sticker on saying it was HSE AL FW2 . It's about time all this nonsense was stopped really since the DOT test is as good a test of structural integrity as the PI one, didn't the difference come about because of some kind of falling out?
If it was originally marked DOT and HSE AL FW2 then yes you will get it tested for HSE AL FW2, as that was the uk standard before PI.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
As Tom Allen has put - if a bottle is the old UK HSE spec then it can still be re-hydroed as required and is still uk legal

If not uk legal DOT bottles still could be hydro tested, but it does not make them uk legal.
Up until recently there were cases of people using US bottles, but would get around the rules it by filling a uk scuba tank on the sites fill rig and fill us bottles on the 'private' rig
The theory being the site were covered by legislation and not individuals (health and safety at work act doesn't cover individals)

Things have changed