Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye i4 lens

ravdude

Jan 25, 2009
Leicester uk
Hi i was marshalling at my local site a couple of days ago and i saw a paintball coming at me, so i ducked my head, but the paintball decided it would do the same and it hit the vent bit on the top of my i4's and basically burst on the inside of my goggles...was extremely wierd when i thought it was outside and tried to wipe it off, but thats another story. So ye i had to stay out and finish marshalling the game...about 10 minutes, and went back, took the lenses out and cleaned it up straight away.
Except, the foamy bit that sticks the 2 panes together for the thermal lenses got coaxed in paint and some of it seeped into the middle part, so i couldnt wipe it off. I put the lenses upside down and let the paint fall down and soak into the foam bit, except now i have no idea how to get the paint out, if i squeeze it then the paint just goes back into the lense and i dont want to put it in again incase if seeps down again. I have a feeling that the sponge is going to come loose soon cause its soaking wet with paint. Just need some heads up on how to sort it..

Sorry for the essay but i didnt know how else to put it.

Thanks

Rav

Shwat

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2009
Wirral
Happened to me too. Paint ended up drying inside the lense and messing with my view, so I bought a new lense.

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
It must be a common fault or something as i have had the same issue, used once in 1 game, walked off the field (maybe 30 seconds or so?) and of course i will need a new lens :(

Its a shame as the masks themselves are really good :D

ravdude

Jan 25, 2009
Leicester uk
It must be a common fault or something as i have had the same issue, used once in 1 game, walked off the field (maybe 30 seconds or so?) and of course i will need a new lens :(

Its a shame as the masks themselves are really good :D

ye im a fan of the mask except i think the ear pieces could have been better...as in more compfy :D

but ye i just put my lens in my airing cupboard and seems to have evaporated most of the paint lol

got a new lens aswell tho