Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye i4's or V-Force Grillz?

HJC

Aug 28, 2009
Surrey
Anybody got any idea which is better performance wise and the best for tournament paintball?......I know the grillz are quite old but anyway was just wondering.

uncle_osiris

May 27, 2008
southampton
You wont go wrong with either to be honest. Saying that the i4's are pretty small, so if you have a larger head you should probably try before you buy.

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
The Grillz aren't that old... They're still V-force's top o' the line model.

And honestly try before you buy, masks are very much a case of different strokes for different folks, nobody can tell you which you'll prefer. You can rest assured in the fact that they are both superb masks, though.
:)

PaintballWizard

The best in the west!
Oct 5, 2009
i like the proto pro axis goggles - little cheaper too.

And you can put a fan in them :)

Good for fat faced me :D

SamFlyZ

Geo 2.1 | 2K5 Alias
Mar 27, 2009
Exmouth, Devon
I have I4's and personally don't think they're that great. Soft ears are horrible i think.

Try both then make your choice

munchbomoe

Jun 12, 2009
midsomer norton
i've had i3 for a while and there great, made the move to i4's and they hardly cover my face.. leaving you to feel very exposed around the cheeks and neck, and no visor availible.. my advice try before you buy.. wish i had then i would have got the grillz..

Brad_Marsh

Entity 2010
Aug 26, 2009
Poole
The Dye I4's were my first real investment into paintball. Im only like 5' 5'' no naturally have a small build and head, so this mask fit me really well, the strap is comfy and fits snug even when diving over beams in snakes :D

Ive also worn Grillz before, though I havnt owned a pair so didnt get a decent chance to review them fully, both very comfortable, field of vision was slightly better in the i4's, and I find the lenses much easier to change over.

But as I stated before I havnt owned a pair of grillz so can't give u a full opinion.

Regards.
BM

AdmiwalWabbit

Angel A1 Owner
Nov 26, 2009
Grimsby
I can only comment on I4's because I have them and i love them. very light, great vision. easy to clean and to take out the lens.
I agree they are small. very low profile but I kinda like that. i wear a sandana or a beanie to keep my forehead covered.
Wouldn't change them for any other mask :)

Maybe check out the Empire E-Vents also. and as mentioned before Proto Axis