Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DYE Rotor screw issue

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
Well was playing the other month with my dye rotor (2 month old). Yea amazin bit of kit and love it.

Got home and started stripping everything to give it a good clean before putting it away. Then i noticed that inside the rotor one of the screws were missing off the top inside.

That means it must have come loose and i must have shot it at someone!!! Just glad i didn't hurt anyone as this would have probably gone through a single lense mask.

Just thought i would warn people to make sure there screws are tight.

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
i highly doubt that. Even if you shot it, that it went more than 10 feet and travelled any faster than 80 odd fps.

The majority of air would simply escape around it rather than propel it.

Still it's far from ideal, a bit of locktite blue perhaps?

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
But what if a balls was behind it? e.g the screw could have moved just enough forward through the detent to allow a ball to drop behind it

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
Echoing what Spangley has said, in the unlikely event that the screw did actually make it through the rotor, the gun and out of the barrel, I doubt it would have traveled more than a metre or so.

If you require a replacement screw, e-mail me your address and I will post one out to you.
eurotech@dyeprecision.com

Thanks

Ash Chaplen
DYE Europe

Ash - GI Sportz

GI Sportz
Jun 14, 2006
GI Towers
But what if a balls was behind it? e.g the screw could have moved just enough forward through the detent to allow a ball to drop behind it
The combined mass of the two objects would be significantly higher, thus reducing the velocity.

The most likely outcome of that scenario would be that the ball broke on the screw in the barrel, and the screw simply rolled out of the end.

Ash

obladeo

Platinum Member Lifetime
Nov 27, 2008
In a Shrubbery
I've glued all my other screws so no more will come out. Just hope this post has warned people to tighten there screws. So they don't loose them at least

naaa i'm fine thanks don't need a new screw as i'm buying the larger lid soon thanks anyway ash

pitty i can't change the title now to a warning to tighen screws so people don't loose em