Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye throttle reg leak

jont

Jul 13, 2011
Hi,

I've got a leak coming from the release pin on the reg. The bottle is fine when attached to my marker, but slowly leaks when unscrewed.

Where can I get this repaired? I located in Bournemouth.

Cheers lads.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
It`s only an "o" ring on the pin itself, they go from time to time, It`s not a problem to repair but the bottle must be out of air to do it, the top simply unscrews, If you can`t do it maybe get yourself to Ambush Paintball at Botley which is near you , I`m sure anyone would fix that for you, the reason it`s ok when you screw it onto the Gun is because it flows direct into the gun which in it`s self is what it`s supposed to do.

Last edited:

jont

Jul 13, 2011
So the reg just unscrews by hand? Never tried before. Figured it was simple but didn't like to take the risk. Assuming in can simply depressurise by pushing the pin in?

Thanks for the help. Appreciated.

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Phew !!! just had bad thoughts there !!! make sure the bottle is empty, there`s a good fella.

DYE Euro Tech

DYE Tech
Mar 15, 2010
Some of the throttle regs need to be unscrewed before you can take the cap off which contains the main reg. It'll usually be the smaller yellow o-ring that has blown underneath the piston stack found in the reg, if it's not that then it may be the bigger one but change them both if you can. All else fails, email eurotech@dyeprecision.com

jont

Jul 13, 2011
Hey guys, can you clarify which part of the reg unscrews and which screws (if any) need undoing before hand. It's a slightly older throttle.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341950101.941095.jpg

Thank gents, can't get the thing to budge!

DYE Euro Tech

DYE Tech
Mar 15, 2010
the screw holes just above where your gauge and burst disc on the reg top are will need unscrewing, there may be 4 or four of these around the circumference of it. make sure the bottle is fully decompressed before you take it apart.