Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

E-Blade/RaceGrip/Firestorm. Which one?

smartecosse

Dec 29, 2001
land of the picts
Visit site
lemy 2 pence worth

1. one of the vids is promotional, the other is technical. what some people seem to be trying to say is that an e blade will never chop or burst, guess they wont need the squeegie anymore then. Also if race were worried about it then they would have edited the shot out of the clip which they didn't.
2. the rate of fire in both clips is about the same. HOWEVER the race is not equipped with ACE and the e blade has an eye so its not even a level playing field to start with and the race keeps up comfortably
3. jojn j "Surely the only way you can possibly shoot the previous ball out of the air is if there is a massive change in velocity between the two balls - otherwise it would be impossible for one to catch the other
Thats even more worrying than chopping paint" what about if one of the balls was not as perfect as the others and didn't fly as true? there are ALWAYS variations in velocity as no one paintball can be exactly the same as another. at normal ROF's then this would never be a problem, however at 20 bps then every slight variation makes more of a difference the whole way through the cycle.

anyways who cares!!!!!! the important thing is that the "electro" crowd who thought that cockers were old style and slow are now taking a good look at them and there seems to be a rush of converts!! more power to the autococker!! :D :D

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Smartecosse there is nothing wrong with the older cockers other than the speed issue, with all the kits now available people are revisiting cockers (they never really went away) but until these kits appeared the other electro's would out shoot cockers (in terms of speed and volume of paint) percieved accuracy is one thing but when you can get accuracy thru volume which marker are you gonna choose...cockers weren't on that list until now. Although only mentioned the twice I think in this thread the Firestorm cocker I have played about with and as long as some trigger adjustment is included in the next generation then it will be a viable alternative. Something that isn't apparent from the advertising for these cockers is that the block doesn't move (it all happens inside) so no wacking your goggles ;)

rayko

WTD UK: BNIB Dream...
Originally posted by rayko
Err... bringing this thread back on track:
Anyone got any websites for the other other electro cocker kits? :D Sod, heres one www.pgipaintguns.com
oh and heres a vid of the Firestorm in action (not very clear though)

http://members.cox.net/pgipaintguns/Firestorm.mov

Small question for Dangerous Brian:
With the Racegun lite, how can you change the timing if you dont have access to the dataport?

Cheers

Ray

Originally posted by rayko
oh and heres a vid of the Firestorm in action (not very clear though)

http://members.cox.net/pgipaintguns/Firestorm.mov

Small question for Dangerous Brian:
With the Racegun lite, how can you change the timing if you dont have access to the dataport?

Cheers

Ray
timing will be set up when its fitted :)

or if u fit yourself ( which i wouldnt recomend ) then u can send it to us to time it or just leave it at the default settings (10 bps )

once its set u wont need to do it again realy

smartecosse

Dec 29, 2001
land of the picts
Visit site
Originally posted by Mark
Smartecosse there is nothing wrong with the older cockers ..................................... so no wacking your goggles ;)
i don't remember saying there was anything wrong with older cockers. i've had a "normal" evo x for a year and just bought another one.

beavertail anyone :)

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
Duh !! re-read the post, I was agreeing with you !!

The wacking your self in the goggles bit ...yes of course a beaver tail but even with one in place you can still get hit as the back block moves...in the context of the post I made the Firestorm cocker has a back block that doesn't move !!