Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

EBPF press release from Laurent Hamet

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
This was translated by google so little hard to read. It centres around the CPS in Italy and Millennium:

I'm once again terrified of posts that I have read and I'll take the time to clearly explain what is happening with this circuit and the position of the EPBF, Millennium but also the industry.
To start must explain that SPC is originally an Italian private system funded by local market professionals whose desire was to promote paintball in Italy by opening enrolment of foreign teams to advance paintball Italian. The creation of the CPS was based on an initiative or Italian found especially in the organization SLAVA.
laudable This approach has been for the past 2 years condoned by both the EPBF by paintball industry and Italian.
For proof one step of the CPS in 2012 accounted for the classification EPBF.
For my part I have from the start this circuit helped with my company and with the presence of uncles on stage the first 2 editions.
spite of many problems encountered including last year. (Players who rent the services of the circuit have been involved in the last step has Milan), I thought that this circuit would EPBF party circuit in 2013.
Unfortunately, things quickly deteriorated to such an extent that the spectrum of 1 new Miami Beach Tower resurfaced.
Firstly, the SPC has encountered financial problems and had difficulty solving them.
It is mainly a creators of the SPC (FILIPO P.) who personally honour the debts contracted by Slava. (Payable to sites. Wolfgang and Fabrizio to name the names)
SLAVA who kept making promises that could not hold, decided to make the CPS an international circuit not for Italians but for his personal ambition and that is where it turns sour.
One of the creators of the CPS, Enrico L. disengages immediately SLAVA and also turns his team (it was the coach of the team). He creates with the majority of Italian professionals, a new circuit IPBS for Italian teams. (Www.ipbs.it)
Same Empire in Venice from SLAVA and players.
Ditto from the Italian Federation which supported the CPS (FISP).

During the SLAVA finds himself alone, meets me as President of the EPBF in October 2012 and introduced me the new CPS and told me that his vision is coming organize handles its circuit in France, Germany ...
I would EPBF explains that only deals with federations and now that he is no longer under the auspices of the Italian Federation, I can do nothing for him. I told him all the more accurate the EPBF can not support because it goes against the interests of its members in case federations Italian, French, German, Austrian ...
I try in this interview to detect its motivations and find a solution that works rather like he did to develop the Italian market and even neighbouring countries, in vain.
Today SLAVA and SPC are detrimental to Paintball in Europe.
This is a league that has no vocation to develop paintball. Who does not teams, if not ultimately prevent them from playing in their respective national championships since these are limited dates and budget.
has already done irreparable damage in Italy.
watching Proof dates of the Italian league www.ipbs.it who are or will be in the same time as the CPS.
This is not a coincidence that even when all its partners, teams .. Italy is allowed to fall.

SPC is not a league built by gamers for gamers.
League This is probably one person megalomaniac who planted pigeons quickly and this will still be the teams.
SLAVA tried to attract partners and I suppose teams on a tissue of lies bigger than each other. Sponsors had even put a tremendous pressure to withdraw the logos of their site. Teams were announced the first round participant unwittingly and so on of the best ..

This person is dishonest and uses arguments that appeal to "revolutionary."
Those who want to play free paintball, which is the Millennium shoves their pockets .....

The last time I took a position on substantially the same, it was for the Miami Beach Tour. I reported a scam from the start. It cost me threats, lawyers, a lot of time and money lost in the output does not have one thanks.
I am an avid paintball as are my generation Portzert, Mouren, Parra J ... have already spent more than 23 years in paintball, including 10 years as a player and 21 years as a professional. J, I lost more money in paintball that I have gained so far and what I've done and I'm trying to do is for the good of paintball that often goes against my commercial interests.

So yes I'm sick of reading crap from people who do not know what they are talking about. People who believe because they pay an entry fee that I had them all, they are made ​​by the Millennium for cows while it is entirely false.
Cesarani The Thomas would be better to mute after which c is happening with Miami Beach Tour. Ditto for Kevin Coulm who I am not mistaken the paintball competition today has never been too expensive (if he thinks so, he should ask his captain he was there 20 years)

I remember when I was a player, and I did 1000km with 5 bags of paint has a 4 seats car to get to a tournament where I had barely a tarp to cover me, or I ' had 3 to 4 hours of waiting between each game ...
Or the tournament cost me 2 months salary, or the result of my match depended more on the referee, the organizer of that side of the field I took (and not all the time) a coin.
But that does not stop me to continue playing because I loved the sport and the passion I had.
This was also my engine to establish a standard game or was eradicated some of these problems and creates a real sport.

Today there is no room for an identical circuit / Millennium competitors in Western Europe. There is simply no money.
Having two leagues, as is the case in the states is a disaster. This hinders the development of the rest of paintball across the Atlantic that today fewer teams in Europe.

All that rattle the Millennium is too expensive should look more closely at the American leagues, which are 2-3 times more expensive and provide a lower quality to remain polite as that found in Europe.
Suddenly, a new league emerged with an inscription to 400 euros and this is it, this is proof that the Millennium is in full is unreasonable!
Organize a tour today with enrolment 400 euros without partners (or rather patrons) out paintball is unrealistic and impossible.
Just a few figures that few people know.
Millennium When organizing an event in France for example open to the public, it must because of regulations more restrictive and cumbersome, in addition to paying for insurance, security, relief (...) enter:

A safety officer who is responsible for, among other
  • Inform and advise exhibitors on the technical safety precautions for
  • To ensure a permanent presence for the presence of the public on the website of the event;
  • Collect all the documents relating to the event: register extracts security control office reports, certificates of assembly, etc..
  • Monitor the presence and qualification of personnel of the security service of the event;
  • To issue an opinion on the conformity of the event to the regulations
Coordinator SPS (Safety and protection sanet) which is in charge of health and safety during the assembly and disassembly
A control office authorized CTS technical verification to validate structures, forums ...
Just add to the safety committee which is usually free.
Operation Cost about 10,000 euros.

If your registration is 400 euros, it is already devoting 25 entries to be in order to receive public (the players are considered public!)
You add this arbitration, cleaning, air ... it will take you more than 80 entries to just cover expenses and talking about 1 or 2 playgrounds on an existing site. We are not talking about installing one ground parking because it is necessary to add 15 to 20 000 euros per field (between turf nets, pit area, construction and dismantling, transport to / ...)
Now you can do as some referees correctly without pay, without pay sites, insurance. Without company, insurance ... Being completely outlawed until there was a big glitch and it is everyone who picks up the paintball.
If the states registration is 2-3 times more expensive is not that the organizers fill their excavations (go ask Bart Yachimec-Edmonton Impact how much it cost him his pocket every year the NPPL) Millennium is that to this day is probably the best organized and the most optimized infrastructure costs binds to the organization of one tournament paintball and globally.
The rest as well as the NPPL PSP 2013 or PALS copy the business model of the Millennium because it has become a reference.
Now I'm not saying that the Millennium is not expensive.
It costs and I agree too expensive for teams and manufacturers that supports them alone.
To change this, must change the economic model.

We currently have sites ready for the fabulous Millennium in the city centre and London (where the Olympics were held), Barcelona, ​​Copenhagen, but in 2013 the Millennium can not afford them.
But when I speak of the Millennium I mean those who pay you to know the teams and professional paintball.
Millennium has opted to stay in 4 tournaments in 2013 also for conservative reasons for the crisis is far from over.
However, I can announce that better days in 2014.
Indeed following the recent decisions of the Millennium invest in media (and I can not say more), 2014 will see the arrival of new partners. (Not paintball)
media exposure of our sport beyond what we imagine today and this will directly affect teams, sponsorship ... and I can assure you that these are not empty words as Slava has the secret!

A word salvation and good all season in your tournaments, leagues and respective circuits.
Laurent Hamet

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
And the reply......

Dear Laurent , Stephen and Manfred ! I know that what i will tell now wont change nothing maybe , but i will try . Please stop pushing and attacking the teams ! What do you think after they will change their decision to come to CPS Venice how do you think they will feel ? All those already successful people managers , directors , owners ? What do you expect then ? Long term relationship ? Friendship ? Partnership ? How those guys will feel after it ? We are sportsmen in the first ! We are hardly working , practicing and after playing on the field ! We are loosing wining , but never give up ! Thats why the other people call us PRO PLAYERS ! Honor , dedication and respect those are our words which make us men ! After all of this things WE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME ! Something will break inside ! Dont do slaves from us !
Champions paintball series concept 2013 . Two fields , two days event , 70 teams . Easy lovely atmosphere for the people which want have perfect off weekend playing paintball . Surprises , nice trophies , party . Events in France Austria and Italy as its so cheap to travel in between of this countries . Fun . Get the teams willing to travel because its cheap . This was the goal !
Millennium builded event with 150 200 teams , a lot of promotion , exciting big thing ! Real competition !
Where do you see danger ? in both cases teams will benefit with playing , sponsors with customers , we would grew paintball market , would do more promotion for the paintball . Sport would just get better ! I even offered you guys to find the perfect place in Venice as we have here very strong background , we could manage great deals for the hotels how we did for our event ! Everybody happy !
Please i spent many hours with you on phone , lets stop this **** ! And everybody of you will get back to work instead of thinking how to hurt destroy or whatever .
Happy Valentine - this day of love can perfectly fit for our new paintball life !
Jaroslav Ziugzda
Head manager of Champions paintball series

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Perhaps we could get press release directly from Laurent or the MS?

It may be easier to follow.

As you know, the MS has been the premier circuit in Europe for some time now.

But is only premier in that nobody else offers a similar event with the same standard of competition.

As I understand it, the CPS has set up a circuit to offer an alternative, that is, to compete directly with the MS.

Competition is not a bad thing - think NPPL v PSP.

As a side note, and the teams that compete in the MS may already know this, but the MS is offering free use of fields set up for the Med Cup prior to the event.

That is, you can play the Med Cup layout and be reffed by Euroref refs for free, prior to the event. This practice facility was previously offered by the MS on the days immediately prior to an MS event, at a hefty charge.

The snag is, you have to travel to Germany to get to the site where this free practice facility is being offered.

It's a quality site, as used by the DPL, set up for TV cameras.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
It's about time the MS had a bit of competition. If they are as good as they seem to think then there won't be a problem, teams will decide for themselves.

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
Llondon Impact will be playing the CPS this season - Due the MS becoming to greedy and dont have any customer service what so ever they are simply after your money. Not only that the reffing is getting worse and worse at these events which cost a fortune to play. It is a cheaper way to play a higher level of play so it makes alot of sense for us. Good luck to them

Reactions: NickBrockdorff

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
Here is a fully translated version provided by Laurent:

I'm once again terrified of posts that I have read and I'll take the time to clearly explain what is happening with this circuit and the position of the EPBF, Millennium but also the industry.

To begin with it should be explained that CPS was originally a circuit run by Italian private local market professionals whose desire was to promote paintball in Italy by attracting some top foreign teams to help advance paintball in Italy. The CPS was created in Italy on an Initiative by the organisation run by Slava.

This approach has been very commendable in the last 2 years & condoned by both the EPBF, by the paintball industry and the Italian industry. Proof of this is the fact that one leg of the CPS in 2012 was included in the EPBF ranking system.

For my part I have from the start supported this circuit with my company and with the presence of Tontons on 2 legs of the series. Despite many problems encountered in particular last year. I thought that this circuit would be an EPBF ranked circuit in 2013.
Unfortunately, things quickly deteriorated to such an extent that the spectrum of another Miami Beach Tour resurfaced.

For starters, the CPS has encountered financial problems and had difficulty solving them.
It is primarily a creator of the CPS (FILIPO P.) who personally honoured the debts contracted by Slava. (Payable to sites. Wolfgang and Fabrizio to name the names)

SLAVA who kept making promises that could not be kept, decided to make the CPS an international circuit not for Italians but for his personal ambition and that is where it turns sour.

One of the creators of the CPS, Enrico L. immediately disengaged SLAVA and also left his team (he was the coach of the team). He created, with the majority of Italian professionals, a new circuit IPBS for Italian teams.
(www.ipbs.it)

Same with Empire in Venice which disengaged from SLAVA .
Same from the Italian Federation which was supporting the CPS until then. (FISP).
Therefore Slava finds himself alone, he meets me as President of the EPBF in October 2012 and introduced me to the new CPS and told me that his vision is to include in his series events in France, Germany ...

I explained that the EPBF deals only with Federations and now that he is no longer under the auspices of the Italian Federation, I can do nothing for him. I told him more accurately the EPBF cannot support him because it goes against the interests of its members in the case of the Italian Federations, French, German, Austrian ...
I tried in this meeting to identify their motivations and find a solution that works rather like he did to develop the Italian market and even neighbouring countries, in vain.

Today SLAVA and the CPS are detrimental to Paintball in Europe.
This is a league that has no vocation to develop paintball.
A league which is not going to create teams, if not ultimately prevent them from playing in their respective national championships since these are limited dates and budget.He has already done irreparable damage in Italy.
For proof look at the dates of the Italian league
www.ipbs.it who are or will be in the same time as the CPS.
It is not a coincidence that all its pervious partners, teams .. in Italy let him down.

CPS is not a league built by gamers for gamers.
This is probably a league of a megalomaniac which will quickly crash and teams will be again the pigeons!

SLAVA tried to attract partners and I guess the teams on a tissue of lies bigger than each other. Potential Sponsors logos have been put on the website, without agreement or permission, which has led to teams entering believing the events were sanctioned by their sponsors. This has caused many teams a lot of problems already & sponsors have had to threaten legal action to have their logos removed.

This person is dishonest and uses arguments that appeal to the "revolutionary".
Those who want to play free paintball, the ones who believe that the millennium are filling their pockets .....
The last time I took a position on a very similar issue, it was for the Miami Beach Tour. I reported a scam from the start. It cost me physical threats, lawyers, a lot of time and money lost and not one word of thanks from any team.I am a passionate of paintball as are my generation Portzert, Mouren, Parra ... I've spent over 23 years in paintball, including 10 years as a player and 21 years as a professional. I have already lost more money in paintball that I have gained so far, and what I've done and I'm trying to do is for the good of paintball and often goes against my commercial interests.

So yes I'm sick of reading crap from people who do not know what they are talking about.
People who believe because they pay an entry fee that all is owed; that they are taken by the millennium for cow’s milk while it is entirely false.
Cyril Cesarani would be better to shut up after what happen with Miami Beach Tour. Same for Kevin Coulm who If am not mistaken, the paintball competition of today has never been too expensive (if he thinks so, he should ask his captain how it was 20 years ago)

I remember when I was a player, I was driving 1000km with 5 bags of paint, had a 4 seats car to get to a tournament where I had barely a tarp to cover me, and I often waited 3 to 4 hours between each match ...
And the tournament cost me 2 months’ salary, often the result of my match depended more on the referee, the organizer, of that side of the field I took (not always) with a coin toss.
But that did not stop me to continue playing because I loved the sport and the passion I had.
This was also my drive to establish a standard game eradicating some of these problems and to create a real sport.

Today there is no room for an identical circuit to The Millennium in Western Europe. There is simply no money.
To have two leagues, as is the case in the states is a disaster. This has hindered the development of the rest of paintball across the Atlantic that has today fewer teams than Europe.

All that say the Millennium is too expensive should look more closely at the American leagues, which are 2-3 times more expensive and provide a lower quality to remain polite as that found in Europe.
Suddenly, a new league emerged with an inscription to 400 euros and this is it, this is proof that the Millennium is unreasonable!
Organize a series today with enrolment of 400 euros without partners (or rather patrons) in paintball is unrealistic and impossible.

Just a few figures that few people know.

When the Millennium organises an event in France for example, open to the public, it must, due to restrictive and cumbersome regulations, in addition to paying insurance, security, relief etc.(...) engage:

One safety officer who is responsible for, amongst other things,
· To inform and advise exhibitors on the technical safety precautions for their stands:
· To ensure a permanent presence during the opening hours of the event;
· Collect all documents relating to the event: register security control office reports, certificates of assembly, etc..
· Monitor the presence and qualification of the security personnel of the event:
· To ensure the event conforms with ALL regulations;
· Coordinate SPS (Safety and Protection office), who is in charge of health & safety during assembly & disassembly:
· A control office authorised CTS technical verification to validate all structures …
· One coordinator SPS (Health Security and protection officer) in charge of Hygiene and security during the set up and disassembly.
· One office control certified CTS to validate tents, grand stand…

Just add to the safety committee which is usually free. The Cost of this operation is about €10 000.

If your registration is 400 euros, it is already devoting 25 entries to be able to receive the public (the players are considered public!)

Add this reffing, cleaning, air ... it will take you more than 80 entries to just cover expenses and we are only talking about 1 or 2 fields on an existing site. We are not talking about installing all fields on a Car Park because it is necessary to add 15 to 20 000 euros per field (between turf nets, pit area, construction and dismantling, transport to / ...)
Now you can do like some promoter by not paying referees correctly, sites, insurance.
Without company, insurance ... Being completely outlawed until there was a big glitch and it is everyone who picks up the paintball.If in the states entry fee are 2-3 times more expensive is not that the organizers fill their pockets (go ask Bart Yachimec-Edmonton Impact how much it cost him from his pocket every year the NPPL) Today The Millennium is probably the best organized with the most optimized infrastructure costs of any organization globally.
Others, as well as the NPPL PSP 2013 or PALS, copy the business model of the Millennium because it has become a reference.

Now I'm not saying that the Millennium is not expensive.
It costs and, I agree, too much for teams and manufacturers that supports them alone.To change this, we must change the economic model.
We currently have fabulous sites ready for the Millennium in the city Centre like London (where the Olympics were held), Barcelona, ​​Copenhagen, but in 2013 the Millennium cannot afford them.
But when I speak of the Millennium I mean those who pay which mean you the teams and the professional of paintball.
Millennium has opted to stay in 4 tournaments in 2013 also for conservative reasons as the financial crisis is far from over.

However, I can announce better days for 2014.
Indeed, following the recent decisions of the Millennium, it will invest in media (and I cannot say more), 2014 will see the arrival of new partners. (Not paintball)
Media exposure of our sport beyond what we imagine today and this will have a direct impact on teams, sponsorship ... and I can assure you that these are not empty words as SLAVA has the secret!

I wish you all a good season in your tournaments, leagues and respective circuits.

Laurent Hamet

Reactions: frobinson

Jeff Chandler

Feb 19, 2013
I would like to see a press release with an actuel rulebook. how can whole europe play the millennium rules, when there is no rulebook? it's a shame for the whole millennium series / epbf

Reactions: P8ballfreak666

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
Well, you could always cut & paste your own. Then change the date to 2013.

Voila, an up to date rulebook.