Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Eclipse grease/oil and bottle threads....

fishleg003

Oct 13, 2011
Probably a stupid question just wanted to know if this is a stupid idea before I blow myself to the moon.

I have an Etek 4 but my bottle is extremely stiff putting it in and out so the obvious can I use eclipse grease on the threads of the bottle and it be safe?

And if some how it got inside the bottle via the pin would it explode?

I dont think either are petroleum based so I guess they would be fine, yeah?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
This is on the output side of the regulator so you are not experiencing the very hgh pressures inside the cylinder.
On a safety basis its fine.

Grease lubes are also a safe option

The real danger area is oil based lube at the fill nipple

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
DO NOT use any form of lubricant on your air system without consulting the manufacturer first.

The air system should not be tight on your Etek 4, so having ensured that the on/off knob is unscrewed, inspect the threads inside the OOPS and the threads on the tank to see if there is any visible damage.

Nicky T

Last edited:

fishleg003

Oct 13, 2011
I aint that daft :p I found the on/off knob. Bottle threads are fine but the gun threads usually take a few gentle turns before it bites and the gun threads are slowly getting munched not to the point where its causing a problem but if I dont do something I'll be needed a new OOPS pretty quick. The thread paint on the gun has started to strip a little which I guess is normal but it just doesn't feel nice and I know I will cross thread it if I aint extremely gentle with it. The guns only a month old aswell...

I'm talking about putting some on the gun side threads so its less likely to wear as fast.

So eclipse grease is perfectly safe?

Last edited:

fishleg003

Oct 13, 2011

I've had a better look at the threads they look well worn only used the gun 4 times. Had an Etek 3 with the same bottle for over a year never had any problems at all. The fitting seems very loose compared to the Etek 3 you gotta lean the bottle a certain way for the threads to line up or it would cross thread.

Its working if I'm careful with it so am I ok to grease the threads with eclipse grease just to prevent extra wear ?

Last edited:

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
Mike,
It shouldn't be that difficult to screw your tank into your OOPS, certainly not to the point that you feel you need to grease anything!
To that end, please email me directly on: nick.t@planeteclipse.com and i'll gladly replace your OOPS body for you.
Prior to emailing me, please ensure that you have registered your marker for warranty via: https://warranty.planeteclipse.com/site/signin
Nicky T

fishleg003

Oct 13, 2011
Thanks Nick just emailed ya I registered the gun already. Spot on service why I love eclipse :p. You lost out on the wagon of eclipse grease I was about to order like lol.

fishleg003

Oct 13, 2011
Before,

After,

Received, again thanks for getting it out to me so quick. Massive difference didnt realise but the whole top thread has completely vanished on the old one didnt realise how bad it was till I had the two side by side. Gonna get the bottle checked where I got it from just to be safe looks ok to my eyes but cant understand why it did what it did so fast I'm really careful screwing the bottle in and out.