Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego 05 / 06

tiffer

Ha,ha....................
May 31, 2005
Visit site
Why?...simply because the 07 (and SL74, and now the 08) are leaps and bounds a better marker than the 05 ego, and the 06 for that matter. If you need the reasons, go read the spec sheets on the eclipse website, and preferably, shoot some markers yourself to ascertain the reasoning behind my statement that the 05 is not the best ego.

whether its a good bang for the buck? hell yes of course it is.
whether its the best ego? hells no.

as for "lighter than an 06" bothered if half a bag of M&M's* is heavy then there is a serious problem.

*guess
You contradict yourself by saying read the spec sheet then say as for "lighter than an 06" bothered if half a bag of M&M's,which undoubtedly appears as part of the spec...:rolleyes:Lovetone I don't for 1 second doubt you are right,I prefer the 05 over the 07 for whatever reasons.
Anyway the original question was 05/06,the differences?:D

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
You contradict yourself by saying read the spec sheet then say as for "lighter than an 06" bothered if half a bag of M&M's,which undoubtedly appears as part of the spec...:rolleyes:Lovetone I don't for 1 second doubt you are right,I prefer the 05 over the 07 for whatever reasons.
Anyway the original question was 05/06,the differences?:D
sigh

I also put that most importantly is to shoot them all, then agonise over the insignificant weight difference by poring over the maunals... the M&M's thing was my attempt at sarcastic jokery. nevermind.

also,my first ever post here stated my preference of 06 over 05 and gave good reasons.

read tbh.

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
im going to come out and say it...

this thread has aids
haha, fair comment,

...just that so long as it spits out paint at 15bps (which coincidently is almost every marker out there) after that it comes down to personal prefeance.

the importance of different traits will vary from person to person.
for me i can deal with a lil extra weight, however the ergonomics of the gat are important to me.

...oh and disscussion on any subject can only help;)

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
haha, fair comment,

...just that so long as it spits out paint at 15bps (which coincidently is almost every marker out there) after that it comes down to personal prefeance.

the importance of different traits will vary from person to person.
for me i can deal with a lil extra weight, however the ergonomics of the gat are important to me.

...oh and disscussion on any subject can only help;)
agreed however your point about ergonomics - they were drastically overhauled on the 07 ego - such as tinner frame, roller bearing trigger, higher heel position (ie where your hand holds the marker), three points which I feel make a statement of progression away from the now dated 05 design.

even the 06 improved the ergonomics of the 05

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I love my 05 Ego which I paid just over £200 for a year ago. Really reliable gun that's never chopped a single ball, and can really dish it out. Not the most accurate gun I've shot - my Timmy wins that contest, but a great value for money investment.

My only complaint is that it's ... err.. a bit un-involving? You get it out the bag, air it up, chrono in, shoot a couple of cases & stick it back in your bag. So not really a tinkerer's marker - but I have other guns like the Timmy, Blade & Mag to keep me amused ;)

Carlos.

Something funny
May 12, 2007
North West UK
On topic,

Now first off i'm not the kind of guy that appreciates these subtle differences, but I've got an 05 and i've had it for a while now, i've used an 06 and i can honestly say i can't tell the difference. i'd probably go for an 06 though because it's newer so maybe in better nick. Both are really nice and reliable (although lately it's been chopping like a ******* but i've put that down to it being winter)

Why are Ego owners so aggressive in their defence? even against other Ego's!

x RENAGADE x 91

Platinum Member
May 10, 2007
Bristol
I fired an 05 and an 06 and i felt tht the 06 was more comfortable to hold .. a lil more weight but i prefered tht... when it ocmes down to it as ha salready been said loaads in this thread there are no major deifferences between 05/06 just personal preference lol