Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego 10???

BigDaveUK

London Mayhem
Apr 4, 2008
Bishops Stortford
:D i couldnt resist. i was really enjoying the other... erm.... discussion!!

I`ve been looking at Geos and i cant see anything on that spec that would make me want to go ego.

Like someone said in the previous thread, the bolt flying back and forth right in your face kinda puts me off!!

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
this thread is to discuss the new Ego 10 NOT any other marker brand. and it will stay on topic. any further slagging matches will be dealt with by some time off the forum. :cool:

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
The bolt is perfectly safe, have you ever seen when to much oil is used and the bolt jumps out? The pin pops up and the bolt stays put. My guess is planet thought about this years ago and has anyone ever heard of such a thing happen?

The bolt itself is not even storing air its the rammer and hosing which of course is shielded fine inside the body. I wonder how fast the bolt actually moves?

I guess its all a matter of taste to be honest, i got myself a GEO and decided to get rid of it as i prefered the EGO and didnt see a reason owning more markers when my backup EGO had never been used by me, only other guys on my team who were not shooting Planet have used it lol. I agree the spoolies are more accurate but lets be honest paintballs are not :D

Lump

one case one kill
Sep 20, 2004
in the ABYSS
Ego 10 Insider Info!

Well, a reliable source with some inside info has tipped me off with some of the details of the Ego 10. Usually PE keeps the Ego’s pretty close year to year, but this will be the biggest jump from model year to model year ever! Here are some comfirmed things…

No more macroline! Internal plumbing will make the Ego 10 macro free! The great Mr. Wood has also made it possible to have full adjustment with the on/off in regards to forward and reverse positioning of the on/off. The system will also fully bleed, like the current Ego 9.

USB upgradeable board! Apparently PE has been working on this for some time. The release is now! Not only will you be able to download any of the major tourny parameters, but you can even program your own settings! You will need to purchase their software, but you can now tune your Ego via your PC. I have a feeling the software will come standard in the SL series. All the goodies come with those pretty *******s.

Push and pull rammer housing release. No more tools to get the old rammer cap off. Just push and pull!

Rechargeable battery and charging port! PE goes above and beyond with this though. The Ego 10 board will still take standard 9 volts in case of an emergency. Reportedly the rechargeable battery will last 40,000 shots or 9 months of no use. Not bad!

Now the biggy…

Adjustable valve! Seems the HP and LP valves in the SL series were something people liked. PE has made it so the stock valve can accept an insert. You will now be able to simply pop an insert in or take it out to control your operating pressure! I’m trying to get some more info on this!

BigDaveUK

London Mayhem
Apr 4, 2008
Bishops Stortford
Yeh i`m sure its safe, like you say just personal preference.
would also be interested to know how fast the bolt moves, could it be done with a chrono!?:confused::rolleyes:

The bolt is perfectly safe, have you ever seen when to much oil is used and the bolt jumps out? The pin pops up and the bolt stays put. My guess is planet thought about this years ago and has anyone ever heard of such a thing happen?

The bolt itself is not even storing air its the rammer and hosing which of course is shielded fine inside the body. I wonder how fast the bolt actually moves?

I guess its all a matter of taste to be honest, i got myself a GEO and decided to get rid of it as i prefered the EGO and didnt see a reason owning more markers when my backup EGO had never been used by me, only other guys on my team who were not shooting Planet have used it lol. I agree the spoolies are more accurate but lets be honest paintballs are not :D

snax

round the town funky kwow
Mar 11, 2008
st.neots
Gotta say i was thinking why eclipse didnt bring out the non microline marker and boom here it is. Got the great features of all the best markers in one, Like the feature of the rechargeable battery coming back into the markers saves money on batterys and the fact that it avoid the point of the oh have you changed the battery. so the features cut down on wasted time and let people play more rather than messing around with cuting new mic, changing batterys etc etc :D

BigDaveUK

London Mayhem
Apr 4, 2008
Bishops Stortford
Like the feature of the rechargeable battery coming back into the markers saves money on batterys and the fact that it avoid the point of the oh have you changed the battery. so the features cut down on wasted time and let people play more rather than messing around with cuting new mic, changing batterys etc etc :D

True but i`d just forget to charge it! how long does it take to change a battery? 20secs. prob have to charge for 4or5 hours!

Will save on battery costs though i admit.