Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego 11 Faint leak

Timbo 420

Dorset Devils #10
Oct 5, 2012
Bmth, Dorset
Hi peeps,
Ok so I noticed on Saturday that my Ego 11 has developed a very small leak, basically what happens is when the trigger is pulled the gun fires ok and there doesnt appear to be too much loss in velocity (although this is only a visual assumption as I had no chrono to check) but after the shot has cycled there is a very faint hiss of air which then fades out and seals/goes silent after about a 1 second. It sounds like its coming from the ram or possibly above the grip frame. The spares that come with the gun are pretty much unused, and so before I start whipping out and replacing o rings ect I just wondered if anybody had an idea as to what the cause could be or if anybody has experienced a similar issue and what the fix was.
Thanks again guys

Tim

Timbo 420

Dorset Devils #10
Oct 5, 2012
Bmth, Dorset
Hi Stewart,
I will give it a go and post up on here the result. I haven't had time to actually strip the gun and clean, lube it since saturday but having said that, iv always done so before the nxt game iv played so fingers crossed it is just a simple fix like you suggested. I can't see it being anything major but it'd be nice to understand it before the leak becomes a bigger problem. ;)

Timbo 420

Dorset Devils #10
Oct 5, 2012
Bmth, Dorset
Ok so stripped out the rammer, cleaned and lubed no change, then swapped out the rammer rings for new ones...job done.
Hindsight...I shld've prob done this before posting but I figured by asking 1st I may have saved myself some time and effort.
Thanks for your reply tho Stewart ;)

Reactions: StewartW

Kdc1980

Jul 30, 2013
Hinckley
I have a constant leak from around trigger area on ego 11 not gushing but a steady hiss. just brought ego off here. I'm running a new guerrilla air bottle and the new myth reg 45 please help changed the front o ring on rammer should I change other 2 or do I need a lp reg ?

StewartW

Certified Eclipse Tech
Feb 13, 2012
Scotland
You don't need a LP reg for sure.
Check your LPR piston seal please mate.

failing that, disconnect the eyes and solenoid and then remove the trigger frame. Then air up the marker and tell me where the leak is coming from?

thanks,
Stewart