Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire mini gs low velocity

rkohal

Jun 2, 2016
Tallinn, Estonia
Hi everyone. When I got my mini gs, it was slightly used (1-2 cases of paint) in the beginning of summer. Have put around 10-15 cases since then. Everything is stock. Love the marker, shoots smooth and extremely quiet. The only problem I have had since the beginning is the velocity seems to be capped at 270ish fps. It seems to be a rather popular problem and I have read many posts about it, but still decided to make my own post. Best operating pressure so far seems to be a bit over 200psi.

Things I have tried so far:
  • cleaning and relubing bolt and bolt guide
  • cleaning and relubing poppet
  • all orings seem fine
  • different tanks (73/45 dye ul with inspire hp reg and some zen steelie 48/30 with hp output)
  • fresh duracell batteries
  • dwell is set to 5ms if im not wrong (was planning on resetting to default settings)
It is not a major setback, but it would be nice to get the maximum performance out of my marker. Any help would be much appreciated.

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Just a thought and I have no idea whether it will or not but try lowering the input pressure. It might be that the input pressure is closing the valve prematurely. Or try upping your dwell some more

rkohal

Jun 2, 2016
Tallinn, Estonia
Thanks. I´ll try it out on Sunday. Will try messing with the settings before digging into asa and poppet replacement. Luckily found a local guy who has an Axe, so he might be able to help me.

royanddani

Nov 21, 2005
watford
Visit site
HI There i had the same problem and use a smaller bore barrel it sorted the problem out ,i dont know if you are useing a standard barrel but give it ago
Roy

rkohal

Jun 2, 2016
Tallinn, Estonia
I'll try to chrono with a different barrel. Paint does not match the bore at all (barrel is .691? and the paint is something like .682 or even less). Tried shooting a month ago with a tighter barrel and the shot was better, but haven't had the chance to chrono it. Last night replaced the poppet seal and back cap spring (although they both seemed fine), will test it out tomorrow. Thanks

rkohal

Jun 2, 2016
Tallinn, Estonia
I am not sure. Did not get the chance to chrono it before changing markers. Playing around with HPR, FPS and dwell & also a freak kit visually seemed to improve the shot, but cant confirm it.

Reactions: Matthew Phillips