Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Emptying a tank

Inq

20-1 to him...
Mar 10, 2007
Manchester, UK
I've been readin loads about the air systems on offer... but one thing I havn't been able to find is how to properly empty a bottle that has air in it... Does anyone know how to do this? or is it a matter of shooting it out?

Ahdinko

Team Apocalypse.
Jun 12, 2006
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
There are gadget things you screw on to the top that depresses the pin, thus blowing the air out.
To be honest, pressing the pin on the corner of something like a desk or fence post is the easiest way to do it.

Or have more fun and hang out your window and make loud bang noises at people with your gun till its all gone.

Inq

20-1 to him...
Mar 10, 2007
Manchester, UK
Are those gadgets the safest way? Basically i wanna do everythin as safe as I can... no point hurtin myself and bringin PB a bad rep...

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
take the macro-line out of the fitting on your bottom line and screw the tank in. The air will come out, loudly and scarily, but that's the easiest way to do it.

Inq

20-1 to him...
Mar 10, 2007
Manchester, UK
ok... whatever you just said went airline style over my head... I'm looking for a safe, controlled and easy way to dump the excess air so I can store my tank between sessions.. I don't even KNOW what a macroline is

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Are those gadgets the safest way? Basically i wanna do everythin as safe as I can... no point hurtin myself and bringin PB a bad rep...
If you don't have any special gadgets lying around, just grab a coin or something similiar and push into the pin on the top. The pin will be depressed and the air will be released.

It'll be loud and make your hand cold, but that is effectively how the marker is fed with air - By depressing the pin. Nothin' unsafe about it really, as the regulator will limit the pressure released (around 800psi at High pressure, or 450 at Low).

-Will