The Home Of European Paintball

Error 74 - Xbox

JamieD

SZ Mafia
Dec 12, 2003
Carlisle
www.szpaintball.proboards.com
Anyone ever had this?
Its the same as the "Ring Of Death" (4 red lights) but on xboxs that have had the new system update and it shows 3 red lights rather than the 4

Did you fix it or just bin it?
and if you fixed it how? Did you send to microsoft or did you do the towel trick?

I think my xbox is in warrenty so will contact microsoft tomorow afternoon and hopefully they will repair it for free as it has been included in the free extended warrenty

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
Mine went a couple of months ago, registered the repair with Microsoft, unit was shipped to Germany for repair.

They sent a replacement unit within 7 days, pretty good service really and they included a month of LIVE subscription with the new unit.

Laters :)

Oily

Big kid
Jul 30, 2006
Radcliffe,Manchester
Not sure if the E74 is covered by the warranty :confused: You could just blagg it and say it has the RROD,doubt they check every machine that comes in ;)

I fixed mine with the E74 error doing the X clamp mod,had one issue with it since but i just re-tightened the screws and it works flawlessly now :cool:

The Evans 11

Aug 15, 2007
Exmouth, Devon
Anyone ever had this?
Its the same as the "Ring Of Death" (4 red lights) but on xboxs that have had the new system update and it shows 3 red lights rather than the 4
I always thought that the RROD was indicated by 3 red lights not four, as four red lights simply means that the AV cable in the back isn't plugged in...

JamieD

SZ Mafia
Dec 12, 2003
Carlisle
www.szpaintball.proboards.com
yea, your right, was a hard day yesterday, dont know why i said 4 lights, just talking out my a$$

thanks for the link lovetone, but how comes there is no form for the UK?

do you just fill out the "inside the united states" form?

Thanks

Drabod

Jul 2, 2009
I Did mine over the phone .. Mine last broke a week after my 3 year Warranty Dang MS