Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Etek or Etha?

Big_jim

Team PUPS/PBM
Feb 10, 2010
I personally think the Gog eXTCy is the best value new gun on the market right now by a long way. Wish I had never sold mine. It did require a few upgrades to get it shooting spot on but still well under £250. I would take it over an etha every day of the week and I don't think the Etek is 200 quids more of gun.

Secondhand you can get alot of performance for not alot of cash though.

Baggins

Volatile!
Nov 6, 2012
Derbyshire

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
need to remember that from new, the difference in price between the etek and etha is over 100 quid, and for good reason because after shooting both, i can safely say that the etek definitely shoots better. The trigger especially feels a lot nicer to shoot on the etek but this shouldn't diminish the value of the etha because it is a cracking gun. bottom line is go with your budget, because whichever gun you get, you'll still be able to shoot fools!

Reactions: will gale

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
yeah thats what i mean , if i can get a +£1000 gun for that price range why not:(?
I just want a reliable marker though so i think etek4 might be the way to go!:)
believe me, the etha stands up to just as much abuse as the eteks. i know this from personal experience and i think this video is pretty conclusive as well :D

Baggins

Volatile!
Nov 6, 2012
Derbyshire
believe me, the etha stands up to just as much abuse as the eteks. i know this from personal experience and i think this video is pretty conclusive as well :D

nearly cried all the way through this , its more emotional than 'Bambi' :cry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Liam92

Stephen

RIP Topcats
Apr 27, 2008
Hertfordshire
I agree with Richiemonk, for that price range and maybe a little extra, you could get your hands on an Ego 11 or Geo 2/2.1

Either way if it's something reliable that you want then you can't go wrong with anything Planet Eclipse (y)

olliewidd

Jul 5, 2012
Just errr on the side of caution with Etek 4s as even though theyre solid shooting guns they make a hell of a bang. Ive heard Tippman 98s that sound quieter

Jezz

www.PaintRiot.co.uk
Jan 7, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
www.JezzsPlace.com
If your at Diamond wars then your welcome to try my Etha (I'm the person ssgsas mentioned in an earlier post)

As already said I found the etek to be a fair bit louder than the Etha, but then I dont think that matters too much in the heat of battle! Also as already said I think the etek bolt just slides out after pulling the pin up, whereas you have to unscrew the Etha bolt, although your only talking a few seconds difference.

Overall though I'm very happy with my Etha, hasn't caused me any problems so far and highly recommend it :)

Reactions: ssgsas

Baggins

Volatile!
Nov 6, 2012
Derbyshire
If your at Diamond wars then your welcome to try my Etha (I'm the person ssgsas mentioned in an earlier post)

As already said I found the etek to be a fair bit louder than the Etha, but then I dont think that matters too much in the heat of battle! Also as already said I think the etek bolt just slides out after pulling the pin up, whereas you have to unscrew the Etha bolt, although your only talking a few seconds difference.

Overall though I'm very happy with my Etha, hasn't caused me any problems so far and highly recommend it :)
I SHOULD be at diamond wars next month depending on money, so ill look out for you and you'll have to let me look at it!:)