Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Events custom painting..... HELP!?

BigDaveUK

London Mayhem
Apr 4, 2008
Bishops Stortford
as said in the pimp goggles thread, i want to paint the peak on my events white, the same as the mask bit.

but i was thinking about masking some writing or a pattern in the paint.
i`ve been told plastidip to paint it but i want to know;

1. how good will the colour match on the plastidip be?

2.my mum paints watercolous and has masking fluid, will this do the job for writing(providing i have a steady enough hand!?)

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
I have painted plastics previously quite successfully.

Wet and dry the surface to take the shine off it. Clean it thoroughly make sure there is no grease or fingerprints on it afterwards, using a piece of string to hold it and move it works well.

If you want to paint it white then Games workshop white primer is a good choice or any car plastics primer from somewhere like halfords.

If you want a gloss finish then you can get body kit matching spray paint which is a gloss for going over plastics primer . better than trying to use standard car paint as it flexes with the plastics.

For masking then you can get 2mm masking tape or masking fluid you paint on from art shops.

If you do use Plasidip then use the spray if you are masking and remember that it only needs a primer on metals.

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
They are easy enough to paint yourself if you take the time to prep them properly and follow the guides on the paint.
Plus If you mess up your own mask its much better than messing uo someone elses :)