Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

EXL Sportsmanship...or lack of it

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Something occured ot me when i was playing, and watching the EXL this weekend. There were teams and players who were sportsmanlike throughout, most notably the Legion, who i saw on occasion apologise for shooting players out.

Then there were occasions where i saw players intentionally 'collapsing' after they had been shot, obviously intent on getting the other team a penalty for over shooting. There were numerous instances of this 'diving' and moaning over the coarse of the weekend. I cant help but feel that we may be moving in the same way that footbal has gone, with players constantly trying to get the other team penalties. There were crucial moments where teams lost matches because they had picked up too many penalties, and were severely handicapped in their games.

I saw one player on sunday, get shot, walk a few feet, then collapse on the ground supposedly in agony. He lay there for a minute or so with his coach over him, then when he realised no penalty would be forthcoming, he stood up slowly, looked around, picked up his pots and ran back to his pit area.:rolleyes:

Is intentional diving going to be a problem over the coarse of the season? Do they have this problem in the NXL?

:rolleyes:

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Originally posted by sjt19

I saw one player on sunday, get shot, walk a few feet, then collapse on the ground supposedly in agony. He lay there for a minute or so with his coach over him, then when he realised no penalty would be forthcoming, he stood up slowly, looked around, picked up his pots and ran back to his pit area.:rolleyes:
Is this the one that got shot in the snake by 2 of Joy at the same time? at first I thought he had been shot behind the goggles or something as the marshall went straight over to him and covered him but when he stood up I didn't even see a break anywhere on his head, just the ones on his front and back where he got mugged.

And yeah, a team in the OpenX had a tendency as soon as they got hit to take advatange of the lower ref numbers and run up and attempt a bunker immediately.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Originally posted by Beaker
Is this the one that got shot in the snake by 2 of Joy at the same time? at first I thought he had been shot behind the goggles or something as the marshall went straight over to him and covered him but when he stood up I didn't even see a break anywhere on his head, just the ones on his front and back where he got mugged.
Nope, another one.

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
The level of professionalism of the legion is unreal though. Cos after Bo drilled him from two feet away about 6 times, the guy stood up, didnt say a word and jogged back to the pit area.:)

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Is intentional diving going to be a problem over the coarse of the season? Do they have this problem in the NXL?
No, the refs enjoy the players' misery and suffering. The players yell at the refs and other players quite alot about it but I haven't yet seen anyone fake an injury or the refs be particulary sympathetic.

Jaime Menino

Jun 19, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
Fast and quick answer:

The player got shot in the balls from a fellow team player.

Jaime.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Chris - Nexus Eclipse
so do they spend a lot of time in the box for stuff like that.....over shooting and playing on????
To be brutally honest, for all the hype the NXL refs are ordinary at best. Overshooting penalties? Who are we kidding? Playing on--sometimes yes, sometimes no. Let's just say the advantage typically goes to the aggressor.