Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Expansion Chambers & Regulators

SilverDragon217

Aug 9, 2001
Visit site
OK, OK, i have upgraded to a spyder tl + and have gotten the barrel, (14in J&J Ceramic) the obviously most important upgrade. Now i am done my summer job and i got some cash burning a hole in my pocket. :D In regards to regs and xpansion chambers, which way to go, and if that is decided, which one specifiallcy is a good, kinda inexpesive buy?? I am a teenager who plays on most weekends in the woods with friends, if that helps in the decision making. keep in mind that the tl plus comes stock with a mini exoansion chamber. by the way, how does a reg work with a real expansion chamber, or is it kinda redundant?? I am interested in any feedback. Thanks!!

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Regulators are much more useful than expansion chambers, being more effective and more transferrable to other guns in the future. Since you are most likely running co2, the best reg for you to use with that is the Palmer Stabilizer. Basically what you would do is get a male Stabilizer to fit in your vertical ASA (where an expansion chamber would go). That way it acts both to block liquid co2 AND control the gas pressure of the co2 to keep velocity regulated.

If you were to go with a setup with a regulator and an Xchamber, you'd always want the Xchamber first (between the co2 and the regulator) then the reg. The reason is that regulators stabilize gas pressure, and all expansion chambers do is let any leftover liquid go to gas...and only gas comes out of regulators, so a Xchamber after a reg would be pointless. Xchambers are kinda pointless anyway, and really not worth the price they often carry.