Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

eye protection

QueenDawg

Feb 2, 2002
Atlanta
Visit site
Just getting into the sport. Psyched about playing but concerned about eye protection. Reason being, I have only one good eye. I would appreciate any opinions regarding the possibility of injury. In other words, if I've got a good set of goggles on, what are the odds that a hit to the face would result in damage. your response assumes no liability. Thanks.

ciaran.mooney

Ich bin ein Berliner!
If you get "paintball" goggles/mask then the chance that a shot in the face will cause harm is 0% (or close enough not to worry). As long as you look after the lense, by doing what the manufactuerer says and not using ski goggles or any other goggles you wont be in any danger, besides that of tripping over etc.

kris

yarbles
Jan 10, 2002
Just SoManc
As said before as long as you have proper paintball masks
and look after the lens how it says
or go to a registered paintball site
the chances are 0%
it there was any risk to my eyes i would not play!
paintball is one of the safest sports around and the equipment is made to the higheset of standards
hope thats eased your worries
cheers
kris

Acidd_UK

Oct 12, 2001
York
Visit site
Yeah, to echo everyone else, the lenses in paintball goggles are made of the toughest clear plastic manufactureable. I heard they would stop shotgun pellets, although I'm not sure, it seems plausible (although it would rape the lens I doubt it would fail with smallish pellets - obviously a single slug from a 12 bore would go through the goggles and your head too ;) )

Anyway, the other thing is that because the risk of eye injry would be astronomical without the proper safety precautions in place, safety is every sites #1 priority. I've seen (and have done this) marshalls tackle a player to the ground and sit on them face down if they lift their goggles. Well, it may cause back injurys, but at least their eyes are ok ;)

Joking aside, paintball is very safe. The only injury you're likely to get is bruising / welts, but don't let that put you off, it's fun pain really - you know, like the leather, whips etc. Errrr,

Thats enough,

Tom

QueenDawg

Feb 2, 2002
Atlanta
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I figured it was pretty safe, just needed some reassurance. I've already researched some of the goggles online, stopped by some local stores, and read through this forum a bit. It seems like most manufacturers' mid to top of the line goggles have the same features and tout the same results. Is it pretty much personal preference? Or is one really better than the other?

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
goggles

It really depends on how much you want to spend and of course which ones you like best :D The ones that are more popular are the JT Flex-7's (at $95.99) and the JT Proteus' (at $119.99).

Jeevus

dallas09

Feb 3, 2002
Leesburg GA
Visit site
Talking about Masks/Goggles like Jeevus said the JT Proteus is one of the best masks out. But if you don't want to pay up to $120 for it try going to www.paintballonline.com or www.piratepaintball.com and you should be able to find the Proteus for about $50 if you are willing to get the Proteus without the fan inside. They also sell fans for $25 for the Proteus and its cheaper to buy them seperate. $50+$25 is cheaper than a flat price of $120. Anyway thats my input on the mask/goggle situation. OH YEAH i almost forgot my friend bought a JT Flex-7 the other day for $40 on www.paintballonline.com so i just goes to show you to shop around and wait for sales if you can.

Joao Duro

Jul 11, 2001
Portugal
Visit site
Also try the mask out, before buying it. You should feel confortable with it. A team mate who used to have a Flex7 and now changed to a Proteus, complained it was to crammed. Go figure:p