Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

FAO Team Unreal

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
Which one

Dave C is the team captain and deals with all matters off the field. I'm the field captain and deal with issues at competitions and practice.

We offered young Edd a trial with the team, which he was delighted with. After a successful days practice we offered Edd a spot on the team, and i'm very happy he accepted. He has a lot of untapped potential, and everybody on Unreal is looking forward to working with him.

Unreal is desperate to be a successful team, and that means we must take what we class as the best player from the local area. If you have a problem with that i'm sorry.

Regards,
Simon, Unreal Field Captain

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
OK, wasnt gonna pop this on an open forum but here goes....

Losing edd from the Young guns squad isnt a problem, in all honesty we havent seen enough of him at practice sessions to really gauge his skill, personally something i cant see being able to do from one days play.
What does upset me is the poaching of any player, yes as you state you aim to be the best, but at what morale cost?

Personally i see any team poaching players as downright low. If you wanna be the best, work from the start. Take completely new/raw players and work on up with them. Train them from the start rather than take shortcuts to achieve the end result.

Secondly, if you feel you must cut those corners, surely its good manners and form to inform the players current team capt. of any intention you have towards a player and any offer you may be giving him.

Yeah you dont have too, but hell it shows good sportsmanship and a little courage to admit what you are doing.

Always nice to know the truth, even if you do have to find it out for yourself, but who am i to judge a teams morale and sportsmanship codes, Im just a player who values his team and would rather work from the bottom up, so that when we do win, we can say we did it all rather than taking the fast route.

Hope to see ya in the middle sometime, and we can compare ethics ;)

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
Oh and as for local area.....

Ely in Cambridge is hardly local to Hampshire for a 15 year old lad, so before ya post justification please at least have it make a little sense ;)

Stan

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Secondly, if you feel you must cut those corners, surely its good manners and form to inform the players current team capt. of any intention you have towards a player and any offer you may be giving him.

Yeah you dont have too, but hell it shows good sportsmanship and a little courage to admit what you are doing.
Fair point, fairly made and very reasonable to request an off board discussion. Well played fella... Hope you do meet them in the middle - i'll pay to watch that one!!!:D

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
What more can I say, we made Edd an offer which he was very happy to accept. From what i've been told this morning, Apoc has done it's fair share of poaching players in the past, but that is not a matter for the forums.

Fast route to the top, sorry there is no such thing. All we have done is develop a roster which we believe has the ability, and committment to reach top flight Am.

Don't worry about player locations, we have it covered ;)

tb-303

Shootin’ fools shootin’ fools
Oct 8, 2001
wolverhampton, UK
Originally posted by Simon Malone
From what i've been told this morning, Apoc has done it's fair share of poaching players in the past, but that is not a matter for the forums.
out on interest, who?

teebs

Edwards

Jul 12, 2001
SoManc
Visit site
poaching !!

Iam only posting due to the nature of the post so just ignore if you want

i have been cused though the years for taking players off teams .The top and bottom of it is that if the player who is being "poached" feels,1 is getting better deal ie cheaper paintball and more importanly he will play at better standard then said player must got the other team.

Another one for you.

Tommy on nexus is 17 i think (looks 10)

Robbo did not ring up temple knights and say "can tommy play out with us now "it just does not happen"

More importanly tommy was a good player with temple knights now he is playing with better players like ledz and co his ablity has gone though the roof .

This is just my point view :p

Rich S

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Jersey
tommy came from phil webbs team, the knights had effectivly collapsed when nexus formed.

just a little bit of info for you:p