Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

field positions

whitecross

ooooohh! stars
Apr 21, 2003
basel switzerland
Visit site
ok,im looking at playing some sup air with some friends who also have not played b4, and ive been reading about the general tactics, but what are the general rules when either a 5 or 7 man team start at the whistle, where does every body go.
i think you leave 2 near the back for cross over fire and covering, but i dont know what the rest really should do.
any tips please, not asking for any team secrets(well maybe)? ta

The One Mint

Half asleep
Oct 3, 2002
Cambridge
2 at the back corners, 2 near/on the 50 line(halfway) and one wherever, depends on your style of play. that is what happens in most 5- man teams

and for 7-man have at least 2 back, 2 near the 50(fronts), 2 halfway between the backs and fronts, and one wherever

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
7 man

Flat back line of three, two mids, two fronts is the general rule we use when walking a field. Obviously alot depends on how the field is set up, but you want to try and remember important issues like width, etc. You must also try and identify key bunker/s. There are loads of useful artical in magazines like PGI and Facefull, reading through a few of them is a good place to start. Hope it helps.

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
we generally use 2 1 2 on 5 man and 3 2 2 in 7 man(left to right=back to front) BUT i personally think on sup-air 7 man a 2 3 2 or eve 2 2 3 would work better cause it puts more pressure on the opponent team from the start.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
For 7 man we usually play 3 back, then 2 each mid & front OR 3 back, 1 mid & 3 front but it depends very much on the layout of the field and the individuals playing for your team. If there's 4 massive back bunkers, very little in the middle & you have only a couple of fast guys playing with all the rest old, fat and slow (like me!) then you'd probably play 4 at the back at least, then work on a slow progression up the field as you whittle down the opposition rather than trying to get more players up on the break. Equally, if there's only a couple of back bunkers and the majority of your team are fast and agile then you'd want to try to get as many up to the 50 or close to it on the break. Play to your team's strengths and the field layout rather than by hard and fast rules.

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Liz summed it up pretty well - it depends on your team and how aggressive/athletic you are in relation to the field. If you have a bunch of fast, small guys on the team you might be more aggressive (2-1-2), while a bunch of fat old guys (like my team) would be more conservative - 5 across the back :D