Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First Marker Advice

DevilZ

Jan 3, 2014
I'm looking at buying my first paintball marker, I've been reading slot of reviews and I'm swinging towards an EGO11, I plan on playing as much as possible and want something that is easily maintainable, seems to be a lot of EGO11s on the market ATM for very good prices, what would this gun be like for an utter novice? My logic is that I might Aswell get something that will last. What are other markers that might be worth looking at?

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I would recommend all the Planet Eclipse markers... all are backed up with excellent support based in the UK!

It might be worth expanding on the following
Where do you live / intend to play?
What frequency is likely?
What format do you intend to play? Woodsball, walkon, tournies?
What budget do you have for all your kit?
Do you have any kit at all (googles, loader, air etc)?

A good way to try markers is to go to a local walk on day, most ballers will let someone try their marker to get a feel of it etc

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
I've used most markers since '86 from the early crossman .50 cal and splatmasters up to the latest vanquish, not fired any eclipse markers but the axe and the vanquish from empire are awesome markers, my favourite is still the autococker though.
So my recommendation would be the vanquish especially as they are changing the ball detents.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
The Ego is a superb bit of kit, very easy to look after and totally reliable. They're also going for ridiculously low prices at the moment, good choice IMHO

Reactions: H

DevilZ

Jan 3, 2014
I'm from Middlesbrough and I know we have some good sites within the area (BZ etc) I have no kit at all, I have a good idea of what I'm buying apart from the marker, I'm just sat on the fence ATM and really wanting to make the leap, price wise I'm happy to pay £400-500 for a marker that will last me a while, I'd like to to all types of paintballing I want to try my hand at everything, I'm 27 and have a full time job and car so I'm looking at making this a good weekly hobby.

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
Ego11 is a pretty strong bet, fairly bullet proof and has great tech support. Personally I don't think a Vanquish as suggested earlier is worth the high price tag. From what I've heard they are pretty cheaply built... I may be wrong though. The resale value of Vanquish's aren't great either.

I used to good.Honest

UKPSF #7126
Oct 20, 2013
Bodmin
www.facebook.com
Don't believe everything you've read, true the designer left empire shortly after the release, and the ball detents with the spring in the back did warp, but that's been changed, I just like the whole feel of it, being old school it reminds me of a phantom with a foregrip. and it works just as well without the spring in the back. I personally think it's a beautiful gun.

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I've never shot a Vanquish... but the polarised views only highlight how important it is to try and get the opportunity to use various markers on a walk on day

BZ will offer good advice, and it is often true that if "you buy cheap, you buy twice".... 2nd hand markers do help limit your exposure to this

I would prioritise decent thermal goggles as your first purchase, get on to a walk on and try a few markers. even if you don't stay the whole day you will get enough guidance to influence your purchase. Plus tournie players will have a different view to the woodsballers

if you were looking for a marker that allows you to play woodsball and tournie... then an Etha with EMC gives you a lot of flexibility

you can even get a brand new etha and emc within your budget, and then distribute the rest of your budget on the air system, loader, pack, pants etc

Reactions: H