Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

First marker purchase

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
First post from me on these forums.

Just wondering what you'd recommend I purchase as my first marker.

I'd like something that's easy to maintain and efficient. I'm only casual using it once a month or so.

I was looking at the GoG eNMEy and I've just seen that the Planet Eclipse Etha has good reviews too. The only issue is I have a budget of around £150 for a marker, but the second hand markers seem to be reasonably priced on this forum.
So what would you recommend? Something different or one of the above.

Thanks in advance, Joe.

Nov 23, 2013
County Durham
I have been looking at the planet eclipse marker just need to save up a bit for cash be for I get one but I got a second hand proto rail and it seems all right well it's a start

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
Ahh right. They just caught my eye on someones for sale thread, so I watched some reviews and it only get's good ones. I'm not to sure about the trigger system however.

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
Haha cheers :) all I seem to hear is happy customers! And I love the colour scheme on them. But the etha seems a little less tacky. Would you say your GoG is tacky at all?

Twitch91

Double Tap
Nov 6, 2013
Ivybridge
I dont think there tacky at all, I think all tourny style markers look like space weaponry lol

Ps the enmey sounds sexy when you fire it ;)

Jan Eroglu

Nov 19, 2013
London, Essex.
I personally had an Etha myself. In my very own opinion, i actually loved this as a first ever marker. its nice and light and it's also easy very easy to clean. it shoot's perfect for the price it go's for also lol. another good thing is that the parts are pretty easy to get if you was to lose or damage anything. the board is also pretty simple to set up also when you want to change your ROF and what not. however, I have not fired a GoG so i can't judge on what would be the better marker but i did love my Etha. You could maybe find an Etha for £180 so only £20 more then your budget.

Goodluck :')

Spittlez

Nov 26, 2013
Yeah the only thing about the etha is the electrics and the price.
But maybe I could pick up a second hand one off of these forums.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
If it's your first marker you'll want something bulletproof, Planet Etek would be a good bet for your budget. Easy to maintain too.

Reactions: Care_Bears

NinjaSquirrel

Apr 19, 2013
Kincraig,Scottish Highlands.
A good second hand Etek 3 might be within your price range.I bought a belter of one earlier in the year and its never let me down.Nice and easy to maintain,and if you do ever get a problem,there are plenty of PE Techs kicking around that will help fix it or give you advice.Another option you could consider is some of the older Dye DM series.