Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

*Fixed* Fitting the Ion with an aftermarket trigger

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Hi guys,

I've just bought out of the Classifieds section an NDZ Roller Blade Aluminium trigger and am having some problems installing it. Punching the pin out was not a problem and I now have the stock trigger removed. However, I'm unable to line the hole on the new trigger up with the holes on the frame where the pin goes through.

The part of the trigger where the magnet is located is knocking on a screw within the grip frame (see pic 2) which prevents it from sitting any further down and therefore wont line up.

Pic 1 - Trigger: http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/3882/triggereh2.jpg
Pic 2 - Frame: http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/3144/frameso1.jpg

I'm sure someone else has had a similiar problem and I don't want to go shaving off any of the screw or magnet if there is a proper way to do it.

Thanks in advance for any help,

-Will

Feb 21, 2006
Visit site
on the frame, thats a grub screw..you need to un-screw it back a bit for the trigger to fit in, access under the trigger guard

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Okay, thanks very much for the help guys. The trigger is now in place and I've put it all back together - When I pull the trigger with the grip open I can see the switch on the noid engaging so its in OK. However, when I put it back together, switch it on and turn the eyes off the light doesn't flash each time I pull the trigger, like I remember it doing before.

I have an air tank screwed in but it has very little air - Showing just above the 0psi mark and the Ion reg is at around 140psi. When screwed in fully I can hear air escaping from the small hole in the On/Off, too.

My theory is that because there isn't much air, it doesn't have enough to properly fire and hence why the LED is not flashing every time I pull the trigger? The inline reg still shows at 140psi and it seems I can't get rid of the stored air.

Would anybody be able to shed some light for me? Thanks again,

-Will

ION_CRAZY

Upgrade your Game
Jul 11, 2005
UK
www.paintball-upgrades.co.uk
OK, with eyes off the light will flash every time u pull the trigger regardless of air, the solenoid will also click with eyes off. It sounds like the main screw in the center of the tigger(switch activating screw) is set too far back, unscrew it and see if it fires every time, try without gas and also change the battery

lemonadeX

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2006
(near) Southampton
Thanks so much for the help ION_CRAZY and Flawless for the trigger :). It wasn't until I'd taken the Ion apart completely that I realised I could access the switch-screw from a hole in the trigger :rolleyes:

Anyway, fine-tuned it and works a treat.

Thanks again,

-Will