Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

forget the size, what about bore?

your mom

wears army boots
i'm tired of the never-ending barrel length question, no-one seems to really cover the much more important topic of barrel and paint bore size and thier affect on accuracy and range!

i know that a few pro yank teams use really small bore paint, which is supposed to be more accurate
(bad news for me and my massive bore flatline)
but what's the real deal with bore sizes?

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

They make different bore size barrels due to brands/batches of paint being different sizes. Simple as that bro!

Graham-DV8

Girlz,Booze & Balling....
Nov 12, 2002
North East, UK
groups.msn.com
If u have a very small ball and a large bore size then yes it will affect it.

Thats why barrel systems like the freak a great because u get a full range of bore sizes which slve any of those paint/bore match prob's.

Oct 30, 2001
G Unit
Visit site
You will find that usaully paint comes around the same size
thats why the boomstick is still as succesfull as it is

if you get the correct match between bore and paint then more likely or not your accuracy will improve thats the whole idea with the freak

if the paint is to small it will run out the end oif the barrel and to big just will experiance many breakages,

its always interesting to have play aroung with paint when you recieve it at a tournament.

check for dints in the ball and test the britleness, after all if its rock hard you dont need it and if its to brittle you spend all day cleaning you barrel

I think this ias a major topic thats why itrs always good to stick with consistent paint even if it costs a little more

steve

smartecosse

Dec 29, 2001
land of the picts
Visit site
Originally posted by steven09
You will find that usaully paint comes around the same size
thats why the boomstick is still as succesfull as it is
i was under the impression that you could get boomstick's in various bore sizes??

the original was only in about .68/9 i think and the more later ones are available in 4/5 sizes to cater for the closer tolerences that modern players demand.

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Originally posted by smartecosse
i was under the impression that you could get boomstick's in various bore sizes??

the original was only in about .68/9 i think and the more later ones are available in 4/5 sizes to cater for the closer tolerences that modern players demand.
Yep you can get different bore sized backs for the boomstick. Paint/barrel match is one of the most important aspects that determines accuracy. You'll find that most top end barreals have interchangeable back sections to cater for this.

The idea of smaller paint being more accurate makes sence, as less wind resistance will be caused.

Anyone know any more 'bout it?

Sean Diamond

Extreme Rage Man !!!
Apr 9, 2002
Birmingham
Larger balls will have more momentum because;

momentum = the mass of the object x the velocity (speed e.g. 300fps)

Now you all know. :D