Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

freak, boomstick or jt ?????????????

Tony - Stupid Troopers

NorTees massive!
Jul 11, 2001
NorTees
Visit site
I've used Freaks, Boomsticks and JT barrels and as far as i can tell there isn't that much difference in accuracy with decent paint barrel match. Obiviously with the Freak this isn't a problem as you always get a decent match, but the others can give problems with barrel breaks if you try shooting paint which is too big.

However, having said that the shoot through on a Freak is pants, when i've played with one if you do get a barrel break then you can't really clean it out and your accuracy goes to sh*t. With the boomstick and the JT you can just keep shooting, you get a few bad shots but then it's pretty much back on target.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Tony - Stupid Troopers
I've used Freaks, Boomsticks and JT barrels and as far as i can tell there isn't that much difference in accuracy with decent paint barrel match. Obiviously with the Freak this isn't a problem as you always get a decent match, but the others can give problems with barrel breaks if you try shooting paint which is too big.

However, having said that the shoot through on a Freak is pants, when i've played with one if you do get a barrel break then you can't really clean it out and your accuracy goes to sh*t. With the boomstick and the JT you can just keep shooting, you get a few bad shots but then it's pretty much back on target.
I think the shoot through ability depends alot on the type of paint used as well!

Paul
:)

Robinator

Yeti Balling
May 2, 2002
High Wycombe
www.dyeprecision.com
well...

Freaks are best for versatility but... there is no match for accuracy when a dye boomy matches the paint well i had a shocker with 16" boomy and my god it was ball on bal from heowge distances!
Just my 2p
Robin

chunk.Clan

Clan, back for 09.
May 12, 2002
Lanark.
Got to be..........

the freak. You can build it to suit your paint and position with the different inserts and the different fronts that are avaliable. The boomie`s are nice but you can`t change the bore which, at the end of the day, gives you accuracy and stops bursts within the barrel.
Just my thoughs,
Chunk. :)

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
a couple of my teamates swear by the freak....another is selling his after buying a rather nice ultralite

personally ive had boomies on my cocker and impy thou i think i will change to an ultralite for the weight saving! there is nothing there....light as a feather

retartedpaintballer

Jan 27, 2003
Virginia
Got to be..........

Originally posted by chunk.kw
the freak. You can build it to suit your paint and position with the different inserts and the different fronts that are avaliable. The boomie`s are nice but you can`t change the bore which, at the end of the day, gives you accuracy and stops bursts within the barrel.
Just my thoughs,
Chunk. :)
or, you could just buy paint that fits your boom:p

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
I've got an Ultralite & JT and had a Freak set.

I'd get 1 .692 14" UL and that's all the barrel you'll need.

I don't buy this whole paint/barrel match thing, that just increases your chances of getting barrel breaks with odd outsize balls.

edit: I've said it before, look at any SP factory team and they nearly always use a .693 or above insert. Ever wondered why when the high grade Diablo paint is usually .689 or smaller ?? ;)