Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

front man....

Suns

Apocalypse Paintball
Mar 16, 2006
Cambridge
ive been training with my team for a little under a year, and unfortunately have only played 1 tourney. That is shortly due to change.

I read another thread about tips for front men, although there are a lot of fantastic tips its a lot to think about when ur out on the field, and the adrenaline is pumping. Since everyone ive ever met that does paintballing has been so helpful i thought i would ask here.

My question:

If you could give a new front man ONLY 3 tips, what would u tell them?

Personally, from what ive picked up..

1) Stay low, move fast, and get into your primary

2) Listen to your team, dont be stupid and stick your head out for a look

3) Stay alive

I know there are sooooo many points you would want to give them, but ONLY 3! Be nice to know what you think?

Bunkerkidz

LISBON BENFICA
• Stay alive.
You are more important to your team if you're alive, even if you're not able to shoot anyone, because it will force your opponents to worry about you and have one or two guns on you at all times, especially if you're in a dangerous spot. And if you don't stay alive, you won't be able to shoot people now will you? :cool:

• Be smart.
You really have to think alot when you're up there, know what batlles to fight (Is it worth gun battling this guy, or am I just risking myself?), indentify possible chances for run throughs, and for when you may be bunkered etc.
Most of these things will come with experience, but are very important in my opinion.

• Practice alot, and I do mean alot.
If you really want to be a good front player, you'll need to dominate a number of different techniques, I'd say that snap shooting is pretty important, as is sliding and diving to assure that you make it to your spot every time, running and shooting and especially timing.

That's it basicly. Hope it helps.

Skeet

Platinum Member
As a front man...dont be afraid to get eliminated...obviously...you want to stay on field as long as possible...but, i fyou see a move , where you can take down 2 or 3 guys, but are most likely to get shot doing it...take it...obviously...if your seriously outnumbered, it might mean a second thought...but, if its going to break the game open...then it has to be done.
Same applies to any other player really...but, teh front guys are usually in a better position to make the bunkering moves etc.
At teh last PA...our snake guy came off the field...he was well happy...he made a move, took 3 guys with him...for him it was a 99% perfect result
...that could only be bettered by him not being tagged.