Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Full Auto - Legal in UK?

MattN

Sep 13, 2005
Yorkshire
w.co
I dont think paintball will get banned. There is a big industry, with manufacturers, fields etc. Think how much paint is used and all the VAT the government is getting from it. As opposed to airsoft where there is hardly an industry in the UK, only a few people will be effected by a ban, its a soft target

robtattoo

Dunballin
Feb 13, 2003
Paintball's retirement community
Oh you poor naive fool.......Just to speculate, in 2004 roughly 1,000,000 people played paintball, if you estimate that the average punter pays £50 for the day there's £50 million to start from if you take away from this (& remember folks, I'm only speculating) the paint, marshalls wages, site rent, electricity etc..etc..etc. you may find £2-3 million that's taxable (at 20%) I reckon, as a rough guess that the government (no capital gee for them) may make around 1 (one) million a year from paintball. In the time it's taken me to write this, the government has made SIX TIMES THAT from tobacco alone!!!! Paintball is such a small concern in the UK, the Government would ban it without even thinking about it. And the worst part??? The only people who would care, would be us regular players. It wouldn't even register on the interest scale with Joe & Jill Public.

AUPaintSoc

(o)(o)
Jul 19, 2005
Aberdeen
www.abdn.ac.uk
Originally posted by robtattoo
. I think the general gist of what I'm trying to say is that no, full auto is not illegal in the UK,
Eh.... Can I repeat something else showed me...

"under the Firearms Act 1968 of PROHIBITED WEAPONS

Section 1 of the Act applies to every firearm with the exception of:
An air weapon (that is an air rifle, air gun or air pistol which does not fall within section 5 and which is not of a type declared specially dangerous).

affraid to say if an air gun fires more than one paintball per one pull of the trigger then it falls under section 5, see as below

Section 5 applies to weapons and ammunition referred to in the Act as prohibited weapons and prohibited ammunition, which includes: Any firearm which is so designed or adapted that two or more missiles can be successively discharged without repeated pressure on the trigger."

Doesnt this show that full-auto IS illegal?

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by AUPaintSoc
Eh.... Can I repeat something else showed me...

"under the Firearms Act 1968 of PROHIBITED WEAPONS

Section 1 of the Act applies to every firearm with the exception of:
An air weapon (that is an air rifle, air gun or air pistol which does not fall within section 5 and which is not of a type declared specially dangerous).

affraid to say if an air gun fires more than one paintball per one pull of the trigger then it falls under section 5, see as below

Section 5 applies to weapons and ammunition referred to in the Act as prohibited weapons and prohibited ammunition, which includes: Any firearm which is so designed or adapted that two or more missiles can be successively discharged without repeated pressure on the trigger."

Doesnt this show that full-auto IS illegal?
No.
Do a search there have been countless threads on this! :)
Essentially iirc paintball markers are classed as toys.....

mad dog

On Facebook
Jan 18, 2002
Nottingham / UK
www.maddivision.co.uk
See here we go again, around and around the ever circle of seen this heard all this before.

Many many threads over many years about this folk's.

If your one of the ones worried about this stuff getting banned then you need to help promote the dam sport, game or whatever you call it to increase local knowledge.

Education and promotion brings across a better view of the sport all this closed house gaming without spectators is bad, we need to highlight our events more.

It won't come overnight, hell I have been working on it for years and for some reason only a few listen, won't mention which ones don't listen but people who supported them have started to understand the potential behind getting spectators to events.

Money will always be an issue with paintball, no site owner will ever say he has any but just take a look at his hidden sports car round the back in the triple garage.

It's a business like any other, but we need to invest in the new player's and area's dedicated to training along with other activities to help promote our addiction.

I say build new sites for training alone, put lights up for night training and get the dam toilets and showers sorted.

Then be responsible and enjoy.