Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Full Auto

crom-dubh

WHATEVER...
Sep 9, 2001
watford
Visit site
The grey area when it comes to turbo fire is that The wording of the law is" two or more projectiles" is illegal. Since turbo fire allows you to shoot 1.8 balls a trigger pull it could be argued that you are not breaking the law. It would be left up to the courts to decide if it was legal or not. BUT any situation where a paintball marker is subject to a court case Would be Very damaging to the sport.

Just a small note

It is in fact illegal for anyone under the age of 14 to play paintball.

Why on earth would anybody want full auto?:confused:
It doesn't exactly enhance your game does it - 'Oh look, I can hold my finger on the trigger and get 20 balls a second'.
At least with the current laws it forces you to practice to get the higher rate of fire and on the safety side, one trigger pull - one ball has got to be safer,
JJ

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Originally posted by crom-dubh
[It is in fact illegal for anyone under the age of 14 to play paintball.
It appears to be legal for under-14s to play paintball, as long as they are under supervision of an adult (21 or over), playing on private land, provided they do not shoot outside the site.

Anyway, does turbo mode not just consist of firing 2 rounds every other shot? Because firing half a paintball gets messy very quickly :D So it's firing illegally every other shot.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
A fire arm is anything capable of firing a projectile which can cause lethal injury without substantial modification, markers aren't capable of killing you without modification so normally aren't included. The grey area is caused by the wording of the rules on automatics.... it say's automatic weapon, rather than automatic fire-arm therefore it gets a wee bit hazy 'cos a marker is a weapon. Basically, it depends on who catches you then. My opinion is that it's not worth the risk... you could end up being the test-case that answers the question for us once and for all!!!!!
Well, that was as clear as mud, even I'm confused now.

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Look at boxing mate, you set out to total the other bloke, but that's fully legal?????? Yet I do it in a nightclub and suddenly it's illegal, not fair really.
This bloody country.......
Er... No constable, it was like that when I got here.

JoseDominguez

Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
On the subject of under 14's, I think if you look at the way the laws are worded.
It's OK for an under 14 to play If:
A) On private land.
B) Supervised by an adult.
C) Don't actually handle a marker.

he he:)