Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

G20 Summit

The Comedian

Feb 27, 2009
East of Eden
Wednesday sees world leaders meeting in London to discuss, amongst other things, how to stop another Great Depression.

Apart from the fact that this presents a great opportunity for terrorists to do a Guy Fawkes on the Excel Centre and change the world in one fell swoop, I don't see why world leaders have to meet, at great expense, in one location.

For example, President Obama's entourage consists of 500, including 200 secret service agents, together with Air Force One, several helicopters and his armoured Chrysler.

Now, to fly all that lot to the UK costs quite a chunk of change, and when you factor in the cost of all the other delegates attending......

My point is that technology has moved on since the last London summit in 1933, and now you can have meetings via sorcery known as "video conferencing", thus eliminating any travel expenses.

And how much is it costing the UK government to host the thing?

So, are we adopting the Swedish government's approach of spending their way out of the Great Depression?

Or is everyone coming to London for the great tea & biscuits they serve at the Excel Centre?

Or do they jusy fancy a night out in Bas Vegas?

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
My point is that technology has moved on since the last London summit in 1933, and now you can have meetings via sorcery known as "video conferencing", thus eliminating any travel expenses.
Because then they wouldn't be able to bitch about each other behind each others backs during toilet breaks, slip brown envelopes under the table to each other (would probably have to resort to paypal) and of course all get together for the photo shoot and camera shots of them shaking each others hands, putting on false smiles whilst discretely grinding their teeth. After that they all get to go out and have an Indian, get pissed together and grab a good old donner on the way home.

dicksin200

veni vidi vici
Feb 2, 2009
sheffield
bit of both

you cant slag them for meeting to see if they can sort something out can you.
too many people all to ready to say they should not do this and that but if they stayed in there own countries and didnt meet im sure i know the topic then

look at them world in the ****ter and they do nothing

ie dammed if you do and dammed if you dont

look at it the way i do they are trying!!!!!!!!!!!

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Sumo makes a good point.

It is important that they meet eachother and create a rapport. That way it is easier to prevent a mood of protectionism, which would be the wrong thing to do right now.

Also, all the money spent is a good thing. A slow economy is boosted by government spending/investments.

The Comedian

Feb 27, 2009
East of Eden
The G20 summit cost the UK £19 million to host, and a 9 page "action plan" has been agreed.

The world's most expensive pamphlet has now been produced.

Two of its recommendations?

Print more money and borrow more money.

As I said, looks like we are trying to spend our way out of the global downturn.

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
The G20 summit cost the UK £19 million to host, and a 9 page "action plan" has been agreed.

The world's most expensive pamphlet has now been produced.

Two of its recommendations?

Print more money and borrow more money.

As I said, looks like we are trying to spend our way out of the global downturn.
worked the last time.

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
I think the reason for a meeting in the flesh is so the power hungry mob can flex a little and the nice chilled calm cool guys dont get to say what they really want to.

Go no further then using the internet to chat to people, some 8 stone 15 year old gets to say to a cage fighter double his weight with a body like incredible hulk "i could easy knock you out" knowing full well he gets bullied by girls of 11 at school lol!

Dont get me wrong i think modern technology is a great thing and helps to eliminate discrimination but its a proven fact that alot of human communication is done via body language and pheromones etc :D