Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Geo 2 fires when degassing

5amwise

Wingnut
Sep 6, 2011
S****horpe
Hi,
As title says, when i de-gas the marker the bolt fires forward.
The geo 2 is one of the original types, so the PCV assembly is the 'Golf-Tee' type in the 90 degree macroline elbow, rather than in the body of the geo. This has been checked for damage and cleaned and seems to be ok.
It has a POPS fitted to it but to my knowledge this shouldn't cause any problems. The reg is also the original with the 90 degree elbow, not the new 45 degree, as I know this can cause this problem as it is not compatible with the newer geo 2 body and known to cause this issue.

if anyone has any ideas what could be causing this, and how it can be cured, it would be much appreciated

Thanks in advance...

Wingnut

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
The "known to cause this issue" is a big clue in my eyes, personally I'd be looking at the 90 degree as the culprit.
I'd be asking what problem the 45 degree reg has and could your 90 degree also be showing the same symptoms for the same reasons.
Can you swap the 90 degree for another and test to see if it still does it. does your 90 degree have the same internals as the 45 perhaps and so acting the same.
Just some ideas and suggestions, best of luck finding the solution.

Reactions: Magic Rat

5amwise

Wingnut
Sep 6, 2011
S****horpe
cheers niloc but the 45 degree fitting is for the newer reg and doesn't house the PCV and is only fitted to the newer version of the geo2 which houses the PCV in the body rather than in the macro fitting. the fitting on my geo is the 90 degree which has the PCV inside but as stated all seems to be in good condition.
Thanks anyway :)

dev

Jun 24, 2012
The point where the PCV sits on the macro fitting could be dirty (contaminated with loctite from assembly) or the vent holes in the bolt cans being blocked with dirt can cause this fault.

5amwise

Wingnut
Sep 6, 2011
S****horpe
the macro fitting seems to be clean and in good condition but will have to have a look at the bolt/ can. thanks for the suggestion