Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Germany results......

impamiizgraa

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2006
Are you here to talk about what's best for paintball or are you here to win "e-battles" and boost your ego?
Jeez - yea, winning on the internet means oh so much to me matey :rolleyes:

It's just a lil strange how people who agree with what i said come out AFTER i've taken all the **** for daring to say something...

I think you'll find the rest of my post was actually on topic and similar to what i've been saying for the past 8 pages of this thread - which people have FINALLY started agreeing with.

So i think i've been discussing "what's best for paintball" for a little longer than the 2 or 3 posts you've contributed my Portuguese friend :)

Bunkerkidz

LISBON BENFICA
Jeez - yea, winning on the internet means oh so much to me matey :rolleyes:

It's just a lil strange how people who agree with what i said come out AFTER i've taken all the **** for daring to say something...

I think you'll find the rest of my post was actually on topic and similar to what i've been saying for the past 8 pages of this thread - which people have FINALLY started agreeing with.

Did that post make you feel better or big in anyway?
Nope, at all.

I simply didn't read all the pages on the thread as I don't really have time to (Or the patience required for that matter), and I simply stated my opinion, it's hardly my fault that people chose to disagree with you or don't like you. :confused:

Also, I've always pretty much standed behind the same opinion, and I have expressed it before, both here and on PbNation.

But let's get back on topic.

impamiizgraa

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2006
Nope, at all.

I simply didn't read all the pages on the thread as I don't really have time to (Or the patience required for that matter), and I simply stated my opinion, it's hardly my fault that people chose to disagree with you or don't like you. :confused:

Also, I've always pretty much standed behind the same opinion, and I have expressed it before, both here and on PbNation.

But let's get back on topic.
Then we have no reason to argue buddy :p

Anyone from the IPPU been reading this at all? Any views or opinions from them? Perhaps ask the members whether they agree with the idea of everyone wearing the same tops? run a poll or something...

Bunkerkidz

LISBON BENFICA
Then we have no reason to argue buddy :p

Anyone from the IPPU been reading this at all? Any views or opinions from them? Perhaps ask the members whether they agree with the idea of everyone wearing the same tops? run a poll or something...
I'm pretty sure Nick (Who first suggested this) is part of the IPPU, and if he isn't at least I know Freddie is.

That would be a good way to implement this, but what would stop teams from making a "custom" jersey for that player with his sponsors on it? :confused:

Thus somewhat reducing the strenght of this measure.

But I do think that something should be included in the 2008 rulebook in what concerns guest players.

And I don't think that locking rosters in the first event (In the case for CPL) is the awnser, as that ends up hurting the CPL teams, in case there is an injury or something like that, that's pretty much a player that can't be replaced, or imagine you pick up any players mid-season, they won't be able to play for you in the Millennium until the next season. While this gets us closer to other "serious" sports, it does make life alot harder for teams, especially since there are still a couple CPL teams that have little financial backing, thus making it much harder to have a solid squad at all the events.

impamiizgraa

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2006
I'm pretty sure Nick (Who first suggested this) is part of the IPPU, and if he isn't at least I know Freddie is.

That would be a good way to implement this, but what would stop teams from making a "custom" jersey for that player with his sponsors on it? :confused:

Thus somewhat reducing the strenght of this measure.

But I do think that something should be included in the 2008 rulebook in what concerns guest players.

And I don't think that locking rosters in the first event (In the case for CPL) is the awnser, as that ends up hurting the CPL teams, in case there is an injury or something like that, that's pretty much a player that can't be replaced, or imagine you pick up any players mid-season, they won't be able to play for you in the Millennium until the next season. While this gets us closer to other "serious" sports, it does make life alot harder for teams, especially since there are still a couple CPL teams that have little financial backing, thus making it much harder to have a solid squad at all the events.
The idea of the same jersey rule is that all players wear EXACTLY the same jersey, including the sponsors on it - so that'll stop the teams bringing in players who aren't sponsored by the same company at least...

I understand your views on the CPL - i believe there were ideas going round of having a transfer window, where you can change you roster and change teams, w/e - i don't know if that's actually allowed or whether it was just another idea floating round....

Bunkerkidz

LISBON BENFICA
The idea of the same jersey rule is that all players wear EXACTLY the same jersey, including the sponsors on it - so that'll stop the teams bringing in players who aren't sponsored by the same company at least...

I understand your views on the CPL - i believe there were ideas going round of having a transfer window, where you can change you roster and change teams, w/e - i don't know if that's actually allowed or whether it was just another idea floating round....
Yes but that's very limitative, for instance I (And alot of other players for that matter) have personal sponsors outside of the team, so I shouldn't be able to represent them on my jersey, plus I think it would be somewhat easy to circumvent that rule.

I think that there would be better ways to stop guest players from coming over just to play a couple of events, altough the jerseys are a very good idea.

As for the CPL transfer window, that's a pretty good idea, as of now the rosters are locked after the first event and there's nothing you can do.
I think that rosters should be locked after the first event, and then you would be allowed to enter 1-2 more players after the 3rd event (Mid Season), or even better, you would be allowed to substitute them for someone from your current roster, so that it would only work in situations where you have really lost a player, and not just trying to bring in a guest, or if you are, you'd need to sacrifice one of your guys for that.

Or you could just make that the rule, to have the rosters locked after the first event, and to be able to substitute 2 players from your roster during the season excepting the last event, so as to stop teams bringing in guests at the last event.

So imagining one of your players has to quit for the rest of the season you can remove him from the roster and replace him with another one.

impamiizgraa

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2006
Yes but that's very limitative, for instance I (And alot of other players for that matter) have personal sponsors outside of the team, so I shouldn't be able to represent them on my jersey, plus I think it would be somewhat easy to circumvent that rule.

I think that there would be better ways to stop guest players from coming over just to play a couple of events, altough the jerseys are a very good idea.

As for the CPL transfer window, that's a pretty good idea, as of now the rosters are locked after the first event and there's nothing you can do.
I think that rosters should be locked after the first event, and then you would be allowed to enter 1-2 more players after the 3rd event (Mid Season), or even better, you would be allowed to substitute them for someone from your current roster, so that it would only work in situations where you have really lost a player, and not just trying to bring in a guest, or if you are, you'd need to sacrifice one of your guys for that.

Or you could just make that the rule, to have the rosters locked after the first event, and to be able to substitute 2 players from your roster during the season.
See what you mean about personal sponsorship - but i suppose you could have ADDITIONAL thing put on, but the same basic sponsors have to be on their. i.e: if you're an ecplise team, you'll all have Eclipse on your top...so you wont be able to have any SP, DYE, etc players playing for you...so it could still work.

I like your idea of being able to substitute players in and out of the roster...that could work well. Would enable those who have left teams for various reasons to join another team and play that season...also, if you lose players, as you said...could work.

Nick Brockdorff

Jul 9, 2001
www.uglyducklings.dk
It would be easy to circumvent, if it is watered down with stuff like "how about personal sponsors?".... I think we should stick to completely identical jerseys - and then it is just cool for your personal sponsor, that he gets on the other players jerseys for free :)

BTW - I would like to take it a step further, and say that players have to use gear from the companies they are promoting on their jersey - apart form the occasional malfunction forcing them to loan an item (gun for instance).

That would stop a gun manufacturer from saying "we are cool with you wearing their jersey, as long as you shoot our gun"....

The items it should apply to was:

Gun
Goggles
Pants
Loader

And further, as not all teams promote this stuff on their jersey, I think the items should have to be declared to the series prior to the first event.

- as far as I see it anyway

Obviously, there have to be exceptions in place, like for instance termination of a sponsorship contract mid season.

Nick