Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Getting started, what marker?

Fletch3047

Sep 26, 2012
Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice.

I used to play quite a bit a few years ago and was just using a mini which suited me fine for what I was doing at the time. I'm looking st getting back into it now I've settled back down again and want to pick up something a bit better second hand so I'm not forking out loads. I was looking at maybe like an old ego or geo, can anyone tell me what price I should be paying for one now or if you have any other recommendations?

Cheers

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
Welcome back aboard the paintball bus mate. If you have already had a mini you have a decent grounding on what things are like.

As for a step up an older ego/geo would be good. Geo 1s got for around £150, 2s and 2.1s for around 180-250. Ego 10s can be picked up for around £180-200 so good prices. You could also look at the Empire Axe (a minis bigger brother) or DMs such as the DM11-12 for around £200. Plenty out for dirt cheap nowadays.

Last edited:

Fletch3047

Sep 26, 2012
Welcome back aboard the paintball bus mate. If you have already had a mini you have a decent grounding on what things are like.

As for a step up an older ego/geo would be good. Geo 1s got for around £150, 2s and 2.1s for around 180-200. Ego 10s can be picked up for around £165 so good prices. You could also look at the Empire Axe (a minis bigger brother) or DMs such as the DM11-12 for around £200. Plenty out for dirt cheap nowadays.
Cheers, thanks for the advice, I will have a look around. I saw a geo 2.1 for sale on here and the guy is asking around £300 for it but has a rather low ball count as only been used as a backup, would you say this is a decent price or would it be better to hold tight until something else comes up?

Fletch3047

Sep 26, 2012
Oh and any advise on a decent air tank and what price I could pick something up for would also be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Oh and any advise on a decent air tank and what price I could pick something up for would also be greatly appreciated. Cheers
For an air system you are looking at about £30 to £40 for a basic aluminium 3000 psi which will work for any gun
A fibre wrap 4500 psi will cost £150 new or £80 second hand

Fibres give you the option of numerous shapes and sizes (by shape I mean short and stubby, normal, long and fat etc) to fit your ergonomics and balance
You can also add to the price with a specific regulator with fast refresh rates, low or high outputs to fine tune certain guns or ultra light cylinders
Let time and experience identify what is the right cylinder for you and save the extra money now with a standard 3000psi to get you started

Reactions: Sid Sidgwick

Sid Sidgwick

Tinkering ain’t easy
£300 is a tad over priced for a 2.1 in the current market, it would need to be practically brand new for that but if it was then snap it up. Ball count isn't a great deal of a worry if the market has been looked after, I have a shocker with well over 200,000 shots and it's still perfect.

Shop around as its a buyers market, especially the closer to Xmas it gets and the closer to the start of next season as people will be looking to offload older stuff to pick up their latest support package from retailers.

Fletch3047

Sep 26, 2012
Thanks for the help guys, I will do my best not to go rushing into buying anything at the moment and spend some time looking around.

As far as hoppers go, are Rotors still the way forward or is there something new on the market now?

Fletch3047

Sep 26, 2012
Well I have to say thanks again, you've been a great help! I now just need to find somewhere relatively local that I can get started properly again!

Once again though, thanks, I really appreciate it!

smudgerebt

Rockin VIP Cocker, So-Manc E1, LV1
Apr 19, 2014
Near Stockport
Hoppers: Main players are Rotor (R2 is the newest), Spire 260 (but you need to be aware that you may need to buy a ramp for it, which is more money) and the HK which is the new boy on the block.

I like the Etha as a starter electronic gun, does what it says and can keep up with most. Can be had for around £150-£200.

Bottles: Fuel is the Daddy and for that you pay.

I guess you already have your mask sorted.