The Home Of European Paintball

Girls do you wanna play??

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Originally posted by Robbo
I can see a few poeple having little understanding of some of the terms and ideas they are offering up :)
Absolutely my misses has full on mentalist wiring....for 3 days every month.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
I see no data here to suggest that adrenalin is perceived differently in women than in men. If one were to point out that women have fewer receptors for adrenalin than men, or that their LDL levels were different enough to cause the kidneys to filter adrenalin from the blood more quickly, or that men have better blood circulation typically than women and therefore the adrenalin spreads more quickly, or something along those lines, maybe we'd have a cogent argument. Even a statistic statement, without explanation of any mechanism involved, would be a little more persuasive.

Simply saying "it feels different for you than it does for me" is sorta silly, as Skeet keeps aluding to. I don't know how your body feels to drive around, any more than you know what mine feels like. We can't trade and compare.

I would suggest that the atleticism in paintball is on the whole far below the limits of men and women in top conditioning and at extreme levels of performance. I would say that skill in paintball is nearly as much about fine motor control as muscle twitch- I think good eye sight is a bigger difference than whether you twitch at 30 milliseconds or 50.

The reason in my mind for the lack of women playing pro has a lot more to do with a smaller player pool. Women face the same challenge, in essence, that Europeans face versus Americans~ there are more Americans than Euros, there are enormously more men than women.

At the extreme degrees of conditioning and preparation, the fine differences in how fast a woman can snap versus how fast a man can snap may come into play, but there are probably less than 100 players world wide who even approach that level of athletic preparation. Ultimate human limits are not as applicable as limited pool and default fitness.

Now, I might see that women have a lower level of default fitness than men... but having no specific data, I would only be guessing.

Gups

May 9, 2003
Aldershot
Originally posted by Skeet
All I am saying, is Women, have been protected, by men...for thousands and thousands of years, generally.
Which is why the male body is more intune, to this day, to situations, or percieved/replicated situations such as paintball, where reflexes etc, are involved.
Oh Skeety, what an ideallistic world you live in! To suggest we don't have the same (fight ot flight) reflexes as men because we have been protected by men for centuries is daft.. Everyone, male or female tends to protect themselves, their loved ones or belongings from threat. I have experienced the surge of adrenaline giving me strength far beyond what i should be capable of at times when myself or loved ones were physically threatened. My first thought wasn't "Ooh..danger, danger..where's the first available man to protect me?

Incidentally is the 'production of adrenaline code' written on the sex chromosome? Maybe it is, i was always crap at biology...

If woman want to play on an all-womens team for comeraderie, publicity, sharing lipstickery or for whatever reason...why TF not?? It ain't a closed shop guys...

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
The reason that all girl teams is stupid is the same reason that all ginger teams are stupid: you are limiting your player pool. That is dumb. When you have a smaller group of candidates to chose from, you will not have as many excellent and terrible choices (of course, you are mainly interested in the excellent).

If you want to win, you play with the best players you can stand, whether they are men, women, or have webbed toes. Excluding men from a team is excluding almost everyone in the sport because of a factor that has nothing to do with winning, so far as we know.

Also, I don't know about "production of adrenalin", but Skeet was talking about the way adrenalin affects the person, not its production. If I pour adrenalin into my lawn mower, it doesn't get all that excited. Even if I pour in a lot, it has more effect on me than the lawnmower.

Now, I am not calling you a lawnmower, Gups, but don't you think the garden is looking a little shabby? :)

If women have different amounts of cholestrol in their blood than men, on average, coffee will have a different effect- the greater the cholestrol, the faster the coffee loses its effect in the body. i would submit that there are definite differences in blood chemistry between men and women, and that it is entirely possible, if not clearly demonstrated, that some of those differences will impact the effects of adrenalin.

All I am saying, is, take a look at that yard. I think you know what needs to happen.

Freddie Brockdorff

Olva the Berserker
Aug 22, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Originally posted by Gyroscope
The reason that all girl teams is stupid is the same reason that all ginger teams are stupid: you are limiting your player pool. That is dumb. When you have a smaller group of candidates to chose from, you will not have as many excellent and terrible choices (of course, you are mainly interested in the excellent).

If you want to win, you play with the best players you can stand, whether they are men, women, or have webbed toes. Excluding men from a team is excluding almost everyone in the sport because of a factor that has nothing to do with winning, so far as we know.
I actually do agree with this - not saying females from natures side is less "talented" than males, but it is far more difficult keeping them interested in this sport beyond those first critical 3-4 months....... Believe me I know - I did actually form an all-girl team in Denmark, and to begin with we were 6-7 players - but now just 1 year later only 3 of us still play!!!!

It´s like females think of this sport as a huge project to practise - where as males just do it (Nike? ;) ) - that, I think, is the main reason it´s harder to form an all-girl team, at least one were the standard is high - most females (I´m not one of them!) wants to have a life aside from paintball and they are not willing to spend most their waken hours practising or travelling to tournaments.....

FLC is the great difference - without any doubt - look at LTZ Destiny as well!!!!

Without practise and without game experience one will never devolope as a player, and will never be able to play on the very top level of paintball - male or female! :)

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
I think the bigger issue is the discrimination thats going on here. All female teams seems to be a-ok in respect to political correctness, yet if a bunch of guys said hey no this team is guys only they'd be looking at a lawsuit about how paintball is a mixed gender sport etc etc.

On that note, whos with me on starting a all female team, with me as a member :) ??

Take that as a no then. Doh!

rental

DCF 4 LIFE
Jul 12, 2005
in a hole!!
Visit site
Im not discriminating between guys and girls!! I'm not saying a girls team is going to be better then boys, nor a boys team are gunna be better then a girls.

If the amount of girls within the sport equaled half the amount of guys. Then just imagin how big the sport would be...

SO.....If i can get seven girls to play in this team its yet another team encouaging girls into the sport!!

WORD!!

F3Z

Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
Please re-read my post, i never once stated girls or boys are better than one or the other. I just stated in a so called mixed gender sport, that its quite amusing that the ladies get away with a single gender team by choice not due to the lack of male players.

please correct me if your wrong.

rental

DCF 4 LIFE
Jul 12, 2005
in a hole!!
Visit site
Please Re-read my post... have i, or did i.... mention or quote your post!! So am I replying directly to you.... NO...

I am replying to this thread as a whole.. As it has gone way off the line again...

So please if you think you are wrong correct yourself!!

WORD UP!!!

GSuperstar

Planet Eclipse
Jul 17, 2003
Manchester
www.facebook.com
F I G H T T T T T !!!

:p

Think people have gone a bit too far towards the prejudice & discrimination side on this thread.

If 'Rental' wants to start an all girls team to forward the sport and get more females involved then let it happen, im sure your comments won't deter him in anyway and rightly so.

Best of luck mate