Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Goggles

Vortex

Dec 15, 2002
Essex UK
Visit site
Hia everyone i'm lookin to buy my first goggle system. i've looked on planet i'm tryin to choose between n'vader and n'forcer could you tell me what you think is best or if theres a better goggle system i should be buying

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Generally, when they say "anti-fog" they mean "normal", and when they say "thermal" then they actually mean that they won't mist up. If you want to be able to see then go for something with a thermal lense... it's worth it in the long run...

I use JT Flex 7s, because they're roomy enough for my glasses, and don't mist up - though they're a bit more expensive.

I think that Smart Parts are doing a xmas special on green IZEs, which are the same but coloured, but that's £40 plus VAT and postage

Generally the arguments on this board end up being between Dye Invisions and JTs... and the final comments usually end up as "try them all and decide what you like". :D

Vortex

Dec 15, 2002
Essex UK
Visit site
I've seen the flex 7's i was worried that the flexablibe lower would hit me in the face if it was hit with a ball. Just how flexible are those lower halfs?

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
They're not actually flexible enough to bend if you're hit there - in fact, I've yet to have a bounce from it, but if it lets one ball bounce in its entire lifetime, then it's done its job :D

The flex part also doesn't come down as low as some of the new vforce ones that have a neck guard either... but low enough in my opinion. That is definitely a matter of preference.

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
It looks ok to me, but I've never held or worn one, so I couldn't offer a valid opinion on that one... soz.

I *think* most of the JTs use the same lense system, so you should be ok for spares (it's recommended you replace the lenses once a year as apparently the paint causes the plastic to wear out... sounds odd but that's what it says on the leaflet that comes with them!)

Hogs

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
What about V Force?

I've got a pair of v force shields. they dont have the flexy section on the mask but i've had these a while now and i cant complain.

the morph has a flexible bottom half but its more expensive.

you can get the shields for about 34 quid. they do a rental version at a cheaper price. its the same goggle system but with more durable (but slightly firmer) foam.

the lens isnt thermal but i havent had any problems with the anti fog coating. its also really easy to remove the lens to clean.