Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

good back player gun

i play back... what about an angel??

Well I like to shoot FAST and well I see people using Angels for back so I know it's not unheard of so I just want to know what kind of Angel would be the best for a back guy??? I was thinking about an Ir3 but which kind and what barrel? I've been told lots of different things but I need an honest opinion please...
I'm sooooo confused.....:eek:

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Much as I hate to say anything against my beloved Dark Angel, they aren't ideal back player markers. I don't know if they've improved this much with the IR3, but all the previous Angels have tended to range problems for some strange reason. I know I (& other Angel owners) regularly get outranged by cockers, impys & shockers.

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Liz
Much as I hate to say anything against my beloved Dark Angel, they aren't ideal back player markers. I don't know if they've improved this much with the IR3, but all the previous Angels have tended to range problems for some strange reason. I know I (& other Angel owners) regularly get outranged by cockers, impys & shockers.
Hi liz

expect a barage of physics now! Not of me though :D have a look at this

http://www.pbstar.com/randebtherre.html

I'm, still convinced the angel has a bit of a lob to it's flight though :confused:

Paul.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
I know there doesn't seem to be any technical reason for this, but I'm not the only one to observe this phenomenon. I agree it's probably to do with the ball trajectory, certainly the only thing I can think of.
What, a post from Paul NOT referring to the new love of his life (i.e. c&c emag)?:D :D :D

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Liz
I know there doesn't seem to be any technical reason for this, but I'm not the only one to observe this phenomenon. I agree it's probably to do with the ball trajectory, certainly the only thing I can think of.
What, a post from Paul NOT referring to the new love of his life (i.e. c&c emag)?:D :D :D

The emag shoots lovely :D:D:D

Paul
:D:D:D

marky H

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Dude,
I have played for 13 years and was captain of Shades of grey 2 and Shades of Grey, I have used 2 Mags, 3 cockers, 2 shockers and currently run an Impy.

I suggest you dont worry about shooting loads of paint first, find a gun that suits you primarily weight, accuracy and reliabilty.
All of the players including myself will give you advice based on what we know.
The things we dont know are how old, how big and how strong you are. Are you a static player or a Back player that pushes up?

All of these have relevance, for example what use is 15 pots on your back if you cannot stand upright without discomfort?

I suggest that most back player shoot a lot of paint to provide cover for the front players, volume has no use on its own, a steady rate of accurate fire and revisiting the target at regular intervals is much more efficient
Combine this with good observation and good calls to your front players and if you all do it right the game will be over quickly and you will carry ten of the fifteen pots back in every time.

Personally I take out seven pots, and regularly shoot five, however given the chance I like to get in the thick of it and push up the field.

Ask you friends, borrow their guns and try them, but above all be sure you know what you want before you buy it.
There is nothing more demoralising than a player in your team who is dissatisfied with their gun, if you are not confident with your gun - you are not a confident player. How can you then expect your front players to believe in you?

Go to the retailers and ask to try their guns, if they want to sell it they will let you try it.

I hope this helps

Marky H
:cool:

crazypbkid

team driven black
Apr 23, 2002
va
Visit site
i own a 2k1 shocker and a timmy i used to own a cocker and i have to say my gz timmy beats the crap outa my shocker and my cocker. i dont know bout classics but my gz timmy is lighter than an angle shoots just about as accuratly as my shocker and cocker + its faster than all three and has ace.