Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

green residue found in hpa bottle???

uberjuba

Mar 11, 2011
south wales
hi guys, just sent 4 bottles off for testing and during inspection the tester found green residue inside 2 of them which seems to be hardened a bit to the inside walls of the aluminium?

they've never come accross it before and i must admit neither have i (hoping it might just be paint)

has anyone else found anything like this whilst sending their bottles for test in the past and shed a bit of light on this please.

cheers guys

uberjuba

Mar 11, 2011
south wales
wont test it because it's in there and they cant shot blast aluminium. theyre gonna try and clean it out but if it wont come off it fails before they even test it! they said everything else is fine but they've never come across this before and neither have i frankly! especialy to find it in 2 bottles o_O

uberjuba

Mar 11, 2011
south wales
1 pure energy and 1 evil bottle and its a company not far from me called remars. been testing bottles for us for years and far longer for our old boys.

i emailed hpac to see wether they've come across this before, just waiting for a reply

uberjuba

Mar 11, 2011
south wales
nope, both completely sealed from facory units. and stored empty for past few months.

spoke with my resident guru who thinks it may be down to someone using a compressor without the filters on it, but not 100%. will be hearing back from the guy testing them tomorrow after he's attempted to clean them.

uberjuba

Mar 11, 2011
south wales
seriously??? mould??? not really buying that concept from what the guy testing it has advised me but hey, i could be wrong.
from what we've discussed the word "residue" has been reiterated to me several times and in fairness the regs have been off for a week before sending and have been kept in a dry room temperature condition the entire time.

oh well, time will tell