ok
im deciding on a gun but first i need som pros and cons

i need pros and cons on these four guns :

1)WGP Black magic auto cocker

2)Bob long Indtimidator

3)Smart parts Impulse

4)Indian Creek Bush Master 2001

:confused

Alright if you own these then you can help me out so i thank you for your time you rock alright laters

shifty

in fear of a codding
Aug 10, 2001
the puppets lair
impulse

ive fired a few impulses, and im not saying this applies everywhere, but 2 of the 3 had pathetic reliability. every game the damn gun would go down, and thats not good if your back player is down. after every game he would find a loose wire, or a problem with the reg.
this came over to me as bad cos i like a relible gun.

the black magic is an awsome gun.
out of these 4 it wins.

:D

impulse

Pros of the Impulse are that they shoot as fast as hell, accurate and incredibly gas efficient (1400 shots out of a 1.1 litre 4500psi bottle).

If you've had reliability problems with an Impulse then get it over to Smart Parts for a service, as we don't hav any reliability problems with our team guns.

Rob

Forbidden Impulse
Jul 14, 2001
Poole, UK.
Visit site
impulse

Originally posted by shifty
ive fired a few impulses, and im not saying this applies everywhere, but 2 of the 3 had pathetic reliability. every game the damn gun would go down, and thats not good if your back player is down. after every game he would find a loose wire, or a problem with the reg.
this came over to me as bad cos i like a relible gun.

the black magic is an awsome gun.
out of these 4 it wins.

:D

Both i and another guy on my team have Vision Impulses and we have had no problem with them. They go onto the field working and come off working. Also neither of us has chopped a single ball with these things thanks to the anti-chop eye. I take care of my gun... all it needs is a strip down and lube and it works perfectly.

Get a Vision Impulse mate, they really do rock. No breaks thanks to the eye means less time cleaning barrels behind a barricade. And they can even run on CO2 almost as well as they do on air thanks to the max flow. They shoot fast and straight and like nick said they're efficient.

Yes i'm a Smart Parts fanboy ;). So what?

shifty

in fear of a codding
Aug 10, 2001
the puppets lair
its not mine.

ok firstly its not my gun.
second, i said it was only in these cases,
and third i like smart parts too.
the other impulse i fired, was a normal impulse, ( so where the other 2 ) and it was a really good gun. the only reason i dont use 1 is cos i find it too big ( im a front guy ).
these are my experiences with impulses. not my general opinion.

:p
:rolleyes:
:p

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
1400 shot out of a 4500psi bottle. . . . incredibly efficient?!?!? Well that maybe incredible in comparison to the shocker but it aint that incredible!!!

hmmmm 1200 out of a 3000 psi.... like my AKA Merlin Cocker now thats incredibly efficient!!

Jul 6, 2001
Visit site
110010 my personal :D opinions on these listed above are:

1) The Black Magic . . .. Cheesy Gem sticker, nice looking reg though, nasty looking sloped ASA adaptor
2) Bob Long Intimidator. . . . .What more can i say apart from far must be the cheesiest looking gun there is!!!
3) The Standard Imps......I think rowing oar would quite well describe the amount of play in the trigger! For some reason to me they feel/look a bit cheap...
4) The Bushy. . . . bit of a block, the only bushy i'd get is the Eclipse.

As for perfomance they all can put down a similar amount of paint, all pretty much as efficient on gas as each other, ease of ownership well i think there all pretty much as reliable as each other. The one thing to be careful with the cocker if you never owned one then there will be a bit of a learning curve with the slide trigger (unless you get a pivot frame!).

The only real difference come down to your personal opinion go in a store and have a good look at them and if you know anyone who owns any of them see if you can lend one to play with....

Paco as for my Cocker well it's a AKALMP Merlin cocker using a Tornado valve. You can buy a Tornado valve for a standard body cocker but it won't run at quite as low pressure, cos it's different to the one in the Merlin Body. For more details have a look on the AKALMP website www.akalmp.com

these guns

1)WGP Black magic auto cocker

Top of the line Worr, not that great a cocker, a lot better ones out there for less money. They look ok if you like the flames and the stupid reg. I don’t.

2)Bob long Intimidator
One fugly gun, long and tall and has those funny regs in the front and odd grip frame. A guy I play with has one and it can dump paint. The eye works well and the trigger can be set real short.

3)Smart parts Impulse
Honestly I have never shot one. I have always been interested in one; SP has made some good stuff. It's cheap but I know it isn't the best on efficient and the trigger has a lot of slop.

4)Indian Creek Bush Master 2001
I have never been the biggest fan of the looks of this gun. That was until I saw the eclipse version. Most people I talk to love the bushys; I want to get one at some point, maybe an eclipse or a macdev. They can shoot as much paint as the test of these guns and from what I have seen have a better trigger then the stock impulse.

All and all it truly does come down to what you like, you have 3 electrics and a ok Cocker (I am a big cocker guy, that’s why I am not a fan of the Black Magic) I would try to get my hands on each of these guns and see how they feel. The Timmy is tall, the reg setup on the impulse is a little odd and the bm2k1 is also a little tall

-TC