Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

gun tips

Tippman lover

Apr 16, 2002
Visit site
hi my name is kenny im kind of a new player but im pretty good for being a rookie.
Im making a team but there is this guy we want to just stay back and basically sit and sniper people and cover us but were arguing over what gun he should use im saying he should use a tippman 98 custom with a flatline barrel system with a electrc trigger and a car stock but my friend brenden is saying to use a modified spider compact 2 in 1 with a 18 inch ultra light boomstick and a 8 inch low pressure chamber so i want to know who is right.

Billteamdirt

Apr 15, 2002
Not sure never been there
Visit site
Personally he should probably go with the one that he feels more compfortable with...but lacking the ability to use both first....buy a cocker...by the time you put all that stuff on either of the other two you will have close to the same amount of cash buried in it....;)

but if you hearts are set upon one of thsoe...i would go with the 98.

so sayeth i

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Get rid of the idea of an 18" barrel and the flatline altogether. They are of no help whatsoever and are a significant detriment to good form and function. An Ultralite is a good barrel, but not past 14". If it's their first gun, 14" or 12" is the optimal barrel. Electronic trigger on a 98 is too much money to be put into a 98...if you feel the urge to go electro get an Impulse or a Shocker. The Shocker is the undisputed king of longballing, making it ideal for a support player. Forget the idea of "snipering." Such does not exist in paintball and even mentioning it makes you sound like you don't know what you're talking about. The game doesn't work that way. Support, however, is important, and is a role to be learned that has several important aspects that can be learned in the Classroom section articles.

KCJones228

Tiki Beer God
Aug 20, 2001
Albany NY
Visit site
Despite Killer's dubious views on scenario games and their place in the game of paintball, he knows what he's talking about. On this I agree with him, flatlines suck, and since paintballs are so inaccurate, snipers are out of the question. Have your man get a gun that puts out volume and train him to be a back player.

Manning26

Bill's got an excellent point about where you should be putting your gun money, and Onion is right about the barrels. I must disagree though, with the intimation of the Shocker being able to shoot farther than anything else. Tippmann Lover, no matter what gun your back player's got in his hand, it'll shoot the same distance as ANYTHING else, as long as they're shooting the same velocity. It's physics.

Onion, he said he was a rookie, so he probably isn't up on all the lingo, cut him some slack. It seems TL basically knows what he's goin' on about, he pretty much said, "sweet-spotting and cover-fire." As far as those two terms go, TL, it would serve you well to take Onion's advice and check out the Classroom Section regarding them, and just about anything else actually. Best of luck.

davidotrot

Mar 20, 2002
southern california
Visit site
Why is it that those of us who own 98 customs seem to be the only ones who are able to say anything good about them?? Onion is of course right, forget the flatline, and anything over 14". What type of field do you usually play on? The tippmanns do a lot better in woods than on other types of fields.

neonbob

-L-egacy Paintball
Dec 30, 2001
New York
www.geocities.com
i dono man, my friend has a tippman 98c and he doesnt have much good to say about it. he wants to get rid of it and get a 02 cocker. tippmans are durable as hell, wish i could get my hands on a old sl-68 II pump

420dankdawg

Team Valkyr
Apr 26, 2002
Arizona, USA
well, as aforementioned, physics has all to do with it, so all balls will fly about the same. tell him to use whatever gun feels best in his hands. good luck