Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

halo v35, what problem is this?

mikester

Dec 21, 2008
Nottingham, UK
during an event together my v35 halo started misbehaving right from the start. once turned on the motor would spin and feed balls into the marker, but after 3 or 4 balls were fired the halo would stop feeding. i'm presented with a continuous green/red/green/red flashing. i could only continue to fire if i manually spun the external rotor underneath.

i initially hought the batteries were at fault, so bought some new ones on site (ouch, expensive) and the halo seemed to work great for an hour, but the problem came back.

i took the halo apart when i got home and just cleaned it, it wasn't clogged at all. when it was reassembled i tried putting paint through it into a jug and it worked perfectly, and after attatching it to the marker and firing away in the garden it worked brilliantly!

here's a pic of the eyes too, are they supposed to be different colours?!

i reassembled the unit how it was given to me, and taped the cabling in the same places so i literelly just cleaned it when i took it apart/

i don't have a manual with the halo, i read the manuals sticked at the top but i couldn't see a fault code type read out. is there anything i can do to prevent this happening again?

also after changing the batteries the victory board is reset to 'mode 3', is this the best mode to be in, i have no idea what each different one does?!

thanks in advance guys n girls :)

cheers,

mike.

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
Flashing green and red means the motor can't spin the cone. The board senses the current flow back from the motor and if the motor is powered but doesn't spin then the board shuts it down to stop it burning out.

Can be because the a board fault, gears are out of synch or slipped, the cone is jammed with balls or everything has been screwed together to tight.

foot

Now I originate.............
Jan 6, 2009
Crystal lake
I had the same issue with mine, i had to buy a new set of eyes to solve the problem.

i got my set from lips.

mikester

Dec 21, 2008
Nottingham, UK
I had the same issue with mine, i had to buy a new set of eyes to solve the problem.

i got my set from lips.
how much is a new set of eyes?

are they supposed to be two different colours, the diodes i mean, like in the photo above?

i had the same problem with mine. turned out that i was holding the power button too long and it was entering the mode settings.
sounds daft but have you tried no pressing the button for as long?
i thought that's how you turned it on?!

oh dear, i'm gonna have to have another go now and see if it actually was that :rolleyes: what a numpty lol

cheers guys

Marc0

IronWolf
Feb 18, 2004
Sleeping in Bracknell.
www.p8ntballer.com
V35 board turns on with 1 second press longer than that you will be entering programming mode.

Was it cold on the day of your problems as normal alkaline batteries struggle in cold temperatures and give out MUCH lower power, this can lead to jam being detected on the hoppers board.

If the hopper feeds OK now but stops as it should either by shoving your finger up the feed tube of with paint in on your marker they are fine.

By all means order a new set to be sure from either LiPS, Planet or your normal supplier to be sure. They cost about £6.00.

Laters :)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
also check what setting your loader is on. I leave mine on speed one, which will easily feed 12-15 with no issues. if you have it set to speed 6, the batteries will drain MUCH more quickly, especially on a cold day.

mikester

Dec 21, 2008
Nottingham, UK
thanks marc, i think *think* as embarassing as it may be, i might have been entering config mode as i was holding the button in to turn on...

so just a quick tap of the button to turn on, and hold it to turn off?

the trouble with the hopper is i don't know if its on or off so i'm not gonna know whether to hold the button in to turn it off, then i might accidently go into config mode if it'd turned itself off.. lol

also check what setting your loader is on. I leave mine on speed one, which will easily feed 12-15 with no issues. if you have it set to speed 6, the batteries will drain MUCH more quickly, especially on a cold day.
how do i check which one its on matey?

i'm using millenium mode on the pmr so it ramps so what bps is that pumping out approx?

if its more than 15bps, i should switch to speed two maybe?

i'm sitting here with my hopper and balls awaiting your words...