Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Hands up...

Weakest Link

Little Deviant
Oct 21, 2002
Durham
www.dur.ac.uk
I've just been reading a paintball mag with pictures of pro competitions in it. All pictures that feature players running, tend to show them with their hands over their faces shielding their goggles. Is this just to reduce the chance that the balls will break?

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
yeah when if your a front player and need to make a vital bunka off the bat, then comin in to it hot, you would raise your hand over ur mask. Now if a ball hits ur mask then that s it bam .......straight out the game, but if a ball breaks on ur hand all that s needed is to slide down on the floor and let the grass take it off ur glove. Not the most moral thing to do but that is the reason why it happens, and also there is more chance of a ball bouncin off ur hand than off ur mask ;)

Daddy Mak - tellin it like it is :cool:

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
the original idea was that balls wont break on your hand as easy as they would on your mask, the wiping was added later*g*. stuff like that could be the edge when you are a frontplayer. i mean it could be the thing between get shot or not, just like always hold your marker behind your body when running on the tape(when you are breaking to a bunker on the left tape, hold marker in the left hand and the other way round) cause balls that hit you might bounce, if they hit your marker they wont.

Dec 19, 2002
Scotland
aah!

Originally posted by Weakest Link
It all seems a bit cheeky. Its a shame that people will actually wipe themselves.
yeah it is a shame, but we have all done it and those who havn t will do it.

It's that split second when you feel the ball burst and straight away you think should i get up?.......or keep playing? Now obviously wot game ur playin effects ur thinkin for example the finals in the World Cup, if i could get away with one wee sly wipe then ......... u kno wot i mean!

mak D