Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

have you made any DIY mods to your marker and here are mine

Jul 23, 2011
Hi i just have some ideas for a DIY paintball gun i want to share and get some feedback on and also to post my current marker

also post any of your own DIY mods

my paintball marker looks like this though with a different thicker feed neck and a different barrel

its a early prototype inferno mk2 a normal inferno mk2 looks like this my thicker feed neck is the same as the one in the pic bellow

its serial number is 21 which is kinda cool lucky number you guys likely know of the mk2 that it is the most common rental marker in Europe and it is probably the most durable easy to maintain paintball marker out there i think its suppost to be very similar to a spyder and uses spyder threaded barrels

i currently run it with a barrel that looks very similar to a DYE one piece stainless steel barrel but that's the closest match i can find its 12 inches long

i also just use a rental Co2 tank on it that the field provides

i also use a remote line coil unfortunately it doesn't have a slide check but i plan to get one that does

the hopper i use is ether a site provided proto primo or my own tacamo hopper both have a ridge that reduces pressure on the paintballs and makes the paintballs load into the feed neck from two different channels it increases fire rate, i used to have jamming issues when i used standered rental gravity feed hoppers but now i don't have issues

Now onto the DIY stuff i have allready done

1. for the barrel i cut down the barrel shown in this picture

so its about 3.5 inches long unfortunately because of a accident when i was cutting it down and trying to remove unneeded excess metal the inside was scratched up quite bad but i would mainly use this barrel for CQB situations anyway so the reduced accuracy shouldn't be to much of a problem, and or i would use it for scaring new players with it evil.gif i haven't actually shot it yet with this barrel but it should be incredibly loud because it has no porting and i have to crank the velocity up to get it to 300fps, the barrel also makes it very small its probably about the same size and weight as a TPX though i don't currently own one i have only tried it out at a target range

2. i also have a custom wood carved DISHKA/canonizer tip here is a pic of a normal one

my own looks more like a silencer i don't have any pics of it but here is a quick really bad looking drawing i did in paint of it imagine the grey part is the barrel the brown is the dishka, this is not to scale it looks short and thick in this like a apex1 but its more like a apex2

it has wood stain and it looks really nice i bet many people on Mcarterbrown would love one of these i carved it with my granddad basically it just makes the shots really load i haven't tried it yet though
3. i made a sling out of some thin green rope i had i haven't used it yet though
4. i made a rather flimsy fold out stock out of a coat hanger it looks the part and could be used in a game but it could also be bent easily and i don't really need to use it right now i have thought of making a sturdier version but i haven't gotten around to it this is what it looks like and how it works and the inspiration for it

5. i also made a stock similar to a mac10 that you can push forward and pull out but it was still a little flimsy but i think it could work if i use more sellotape to attach the thing the stock attaches to i cant really think of a way of explain how i did it maybe i might post pics later also if it does work i will probably glue it on

DIY stuff i might do at some point

1. make a hopper that looks like the magazine you would see on a bren machine gun like this though i would have the feedneck covered up by the fake magazine

bren pic

i would want it to hold between 30 and 50 paintballs i could also make multiple ones and reload them like you would with a normal magazine by taking it of and putting a fresh one in
2. another thing i have thought of is making a pocket hopper between 30 and 50 rounds out of wood one similar in design to any normal mini hopper like a Winchester or app and have it agitated with a small motor like this

3. and or just get a normal pocket hopper like a app and put a motor on that to agitate it
4. have it feed out of something like a tube not a normal 10 round spring feed more like a 30 or 50 round tube angled so they roll toward the feed neck or i could have a light spring on it that pushes the paint balls toward the feed neck it could be made from wood or plastic or whatever
5. maybe use fake carbon fiber wrap stickers on my barrel hopper mask and or marker you can get it very cheap and it looks and feels like the real thing

6. i could also make a cover for my remote line right now it sometimes gets tangled on itself and its a pain in the ass to untangle it
7. i could make a small hopper 30 to 50 out of wood with a shelf like the primo or tacamo hopper so it feeds better

8. i could make a stock made out of well why don't you make a guess
9. i might get around to painting my marker hopper mask and or barrel oneday i have been thinking of doing it for a while but have never gotten around to it but if i could i would probably go for a multicam pattern though it might be a bit complicated
10. i also bought this a few months ago of of ebay for about £1.50 including postage basically it clamps onto the barrel and allows you to attach scope flashlights red dot sight etc so i might at some point get a red dot for it

now i know i mentioned things made of wood quite a bit its not like i have wood for wood though its just its the only material i can think of that i could make things out of without it looking awful i don't have a plastic mold or anything but i do have a grandpa whose main hobby is carving wood plus it also does look kinda nice and i would also probably be the first or one of the first players to use a hopper made out of wood i would be legendary among the mcarterbrown community a god among men :p lol

i guess that's about everything i can think of right now if any of you have any other ideas or you want to talk about your creations then make sure you reply.......go on do it reply you know you want to

Last edited:

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
A material recommendation I can make for modifying is polymorph

It is a mouldable plastic that melts in hot water and can be shaped by hand - just remember not to put your hand in the boiling water of course!

Jul 23, 2011
A material recommendation I can make for modifying is polymorph

It is a mouldable plastic that melts in hot water and can be shaped by hand - just remember not to put your hand in the boiling water of course!
Thanks i will look into it, any other ideas